Epiphany UI/UX revamp
- new main UI (toolbar redesign, visibility of menu/statusbar)
- new downloads behaviour/UI
- new bookmarks behaviour/UI
- go crazy, basically do as you please, we would be happy to hear you
New main window UI
- default layout for toolbar
- could we hide the menubar? should we?
- we removed the statusbar and replaced it with a chrome like one (pops only when needed) what can we fix there?
- location bar:
- what info should it show in the completion popup?
- what icons should we show?
- what actions should we enable? bookmarking?
Epiphany/Development/FeatureDesign/EpiphanyRedux - a small literature review and analysis of the issues facing browser design.
- what info should we show on the download dialog?
- when should downloads go to the download dialog? always?
- we have different origins, should we treat them the same?:
- shift+click on links, images
- right click + download this link
click -> content handler triggers a download
- what options should we offer when downloading? Cancel/Pause?
- should downloads persist across sessions?
- what actions should we take when downloading? we have three:
- browsing to (opens nautilus on the destination, unless it's desktop)
- opening in the handling program
- all this might be annoying on most situations, should we browse/download "0 interruptions" like the shell?
- should we integrate bookmarks/history? how? what UI?
- should everything be a "page" with "star flag on/off"?
- default topics list?
- default bookmarks?
- how to handle smart bookmarks? provide an ui? how customisable?
- where to put extensions' buttons or UI? they used to be in statusbar
- if we allow configuration, should we host it on a settings tab?
- should we allow extensions to modify all menus? give them easy toolbar access?