Videos is a video playback application designed to work with GNOME 3. It's based on Totem, the original GNOME video playback application, which has been included in GNOME since 2.10.
Functionality can be extended with plugins.
Getting in Touch
Videos doesn't have a mailing list, but you can get in touch with the developers either by writing on a more general purpose GNOME mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org is probably appropriate).
- Git: git clone git://git.gnome.org/totem
Videos follows a design-based approach for new features. The current iteration of the designs can be found on this page
- The implementation of the design has started for GNOME 3.6.
- The Telestrator mode was sponsored by Paul Cooper.
- The video zooming feature was sponsored by Lyndon Drake.
- The Totem Mozilla plugin was sponsored by Ryan Thiessen.
- Fluendo have sponsored Ronald Bultje and Tim-Philipp Müller's work on Totem's GStreamer backend.
- Collabora Multimedia sponsors Tim-Philipp Müller's work on Totem's GStreamer backend now.