tomboy-ng features and bug reporting
Features, existing and planned
Tomboy-ng is modelled on the original Tomboy hoping to benefit from the years of effort and experience that went into the first version.
Right now, on each supported platform, Linux, Windows and Mac, tomboy-ng can do -
- File synchronisation. As such, it will sync with tomboy, tomboy-ng and Tomdroid.
- The common font enhancements, highlight, fixed spacing, bold, italic, small, large and huge fonts.
- Copy and Paste.
- Auto Links to other notes or Web Pages. User selectable. Web links must start with http or https.
- Searching, both within a note and over the full set of notes.
- Notebook support. (Unlike Tomboy, in tomboy-ng a note can be in more than one Notebook. If you use both Tomboy and tomboy-ng, use this feature with care.)
- Tools to manage the Tomboy standard backup notes.
- Snapshots and restoration of a all notes and configuration.
- Sync with Tomdroid on an Android device - but only from a Linux platform ?
- A Table of Contents for each note.
- A triple mode 'calculator' built in.
What it does not do, but should -
- Network synchronisation, to Rainy or Snowy for example - is there a need for this ?
- Further Internationalisation - providing tomboy-ng's "hard wired" text in languages other than English. This will require some help from bilingual volunteers.
Just how soon the above issues are addressed will depend on what people ask for and, perhaps, who puts their hand up to help