Tomboy Dev Meeting for Planning 0.14.0 release
Anyone! Everyone! This is not limited to those scruffy-looking Tomboy hackers. We want to stay on task during the meeting, but seriously, if you'd like to participate, just listen, or whatever, come along!
Thursday, 23 October 2008, 12:30 PDT (19:30 GMT)
People planning to attend (you don't have to add your name here, but if you can, let us know you'll be there):
Tomboy 0.12 Postmortem
- Sync Fixes
- Tasque Add-in
- Didn't get printing done
- Didn't get much else done, either :-P
What can we do better this time?
- Better community management
- Bug/patch days
- Focus on better response time in bugzilla, especially for patches
Proposed Features for Tomboy 0.14 (GNOME 2.26)
- Most Annoying Bugs
- Are there important bugs we should focus on before we start focusing on new features?
- Cross-platform release (deployable on Mac OS X and Windows)
- Need to finish new Printing add-in
- Sync without FUSE or other Linux-isms
- Better Mac integration
- Your ideas?
- Alternative (pluggable) backends (e.g. Sqlite or Wizbit)
- Standardization of Note format
- User testing
- Update Tomboy end-user website
The complete GNOME 2.26 schedule can be found here: TwoPointTwentyfive
Some of the important dates are:
Nov 03, 2008: GNOME 2.25.1 Tarballs Due (First unstable release)
Jan 05, 2009: GNOME 2.25.4 Tarballs Due (String Change Announcement Period Begins)
Jan 19, 2009: Feature Freeze
Feb 02, 2009: UI Freeze
Feb 16, 2009: String Freeze
Mar 09, 2009: Hard Code Freeze