An easy-to-use application that will help you to discover what to cook today, tomorrow, the rest of the week and for your special occasions.
- Git: git clone git://git.gnome.org/recipes
Useful data sources, and information around food, cooking and recipes:
- the USDA database
We are aiming to make a first, generally useful release of recipes with GNOME 3.24.
This is what we need to get there:
DONE Drop the ingredients view (it is not really useful in its current form, and we don't have time to revisit it)
DONE Complete the shopping list view early mockup
DONE Flesh out the cooking mode early mockup
- Recipe contributions! We need at least enough recipes to kick out all the test data (on the order of 20)
Recipes was conceived as a birthday present for GNOME's 20th birthday, so we should wrap it up nicely and present it at GUADEC.
- Better unit handling, including unit conversion
- Better sharing, including sending shopping lists to your phone
- Switch to meson as the only build system, no need to carry two build systems forever.
- Host (most) image data online
- Download database updates from the web
- Import/Export in other formats