Simple note editor
On the coding side... See wishlist below
Get rid of Clutter.
Migrate from webkitgtk to webkit2gtk => GSoC 2014 https://github.com/xuchunyang/bijiben.)--
- use gnome-online-miners.
- Split UI Controller into several.
- Annotate libbiji.
- Use ui files.
- Remember the last used view (grid or list) and use it upon restart.
- Allow deleting notebooks.
Reduce font size options => mockups https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/notes/preferences-wireframes.png.
- Follow new GObject standards.
- Fix coding standards.
- Meson support.
- Autotools removal.
- Improve owncloud support.
- amend "Last Updated" footer to make this.. well, a footer, which should not overlap text.
mail as storage => GSoC 2014 https://github.com/xuchunyang/bijiben.
- inline images.
- improve drag and drop : handle utf8 and fils (.txt, .html, .org... import).
- export (need to think about that one. maybe html, tomboy, .org).
- Evernote support.
- Folder, lists, notebooks, tags support.
Port to GtkTextView.
- libbiji shall remain in C. It handles the notes (io, tracker, online, controller aka note book). It is not annotated yet.
- Item is the base class : an item might be a Collection or a Note. A Note might be a localNote or a distant note (currently both are based on GFile).
bjb is the application and UI (gsettings,...). It's currently in C. Unfortunately it does not use GtkBuilder.
- bjbController is the link with each window and libbiji.
Apart from cleanup / bugfixing, a lot of efforts still remain
Bijiben uses its own popup to edit text (bold, copy and paste...). It's not all integrated with Gtk on-going efforts. See Selecting Gtk texts.
- Attaching images to note is missing.
Editor is too basic. Automatic linking & maybe emoticon is missing.
- Sharing could see huge improvments
- Will have to get rid of Clutter.
Integration with tracker is not good enough. See Tracker thoughts (prior to Bijiben however)
Online providers are today only ownCloud
- Google Keep seems the highest prio since goa, but there is no API as of today.
Evernote -> packaging Thrift for more distro. See Everpad.