Simple note editor
On the coding side... See wishlist below
Get rid of Clutter.
Migrate from webkitgtk to webkit2gtk => GSoC 2014 https://github.com/xuchunyang/bijiben.)--
- use gnome-online-miners.
- Split UI Controller into several.
- Annotate libbiji.
- Use ui files.
--(Remember the last used view (grid or list) and use it upon restart.
- Allow deleting notebooks.
Reduce font size options => mockups https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/master/notes/preferences-wireframes.png.
- Follow new GObject standards.
- Fix coding standards.
- Improve owncloud support.
amend "Last Updated" footer to make this.. well, a footer, which should not overlap text.
mail as storage => GSoC 2014 https://github.com/xuchunyang/bijiben.
- inline images.
- improve drag and drop : handle utf8 and fils (.txt, .html, .org... import).
- export (need to think about that one. maybe html, tomboy, .org).
- Evernote support.
- Folder, lists, notebooks, tags support.
Port to GtkTextView.
- libbiji shall remain in C. It handles the notes (io, tracker, online, controller aka note book). It is not annotated yet.
- Item is the base class : an item might be a Collection or a Note. A Note might be a localNote or a distant note (currently both are based on GFile).
bjb is the application and UI (gsettings,...). It's currently in C. Unfortunately it does not use GtkBuilder.
- bjbController is the link with each window and libbiji.
Apart from cleanup / bugfixing, a lot of efforts still remain
Bijiben uses its own popup to edit text (bold, copy and paste...). It's not all integrated with Gtk on-going efforts. See Selecting Gtk texts.
- Attaching images to note is missing.
Editor is too basic. Automatic linking & maybe emoticon is missing.
- Sharing could see huge improvments
Will have to get rid of Clutter.
Integration with tracker is not good enough. See Tracker thoughts (prior to Bijiben however)
Online providers are today only ownCloud
- Google Keep seems the highest prio since goa, but there is no API as of today.
Evernote -> packaging Thrift for more distro. See Everpad.