Gtranslator is an enhanced gettext po file editor for the GNOME desktop environment. It handles all forms of gettext po files and include very useful features like Find/Replace, Translation Memory, different Translator Profiles, Messages Table (for having an overview of the translations/messages in the po file), Easy Navigation and Editing of translation messages & comments of the translation where accurate. Gtranslator includes also a plugin system with many interesting plugins like Alternate Language, Insert Tags, Integration with Subversion, Source Code Viewer ...
Gtranslator is looking for a new maintainer, see Apps/Unmaintained.
- Open several PO files in tabs
- Plural forms support
- Automatic headers update
- Comments editing
- Management of different translator profiles
- Translation Memories
- Assistant to configure initial profile and TM
- Search dialog and quick navigation among the messages
- Toolbar editor
- Highlight whitespaces and messages syntax
Plugins system (from gedit)
Getting in Touch
- Git: git clone git://git.gnome.org/gtranslator