Current release: http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-mud/0.11/
Mailing list: http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-mud-list
- IRC: irc.gnome.org #gnome-mud
The current release of GnomeMud is 0.11.2
- Fix several crashers on connect and reconnect to muds [Les]
- Fix other problems when disconnecting and reconnecting [Les]
- The two connect dialogs are now merged into one [Les]
- Removed Python plugins from the distribution [Les]
- Fix character set issues. Convert client messages to the user's character set before printing them. Avoid crashes if the user inputs a character that cannot be converted to his character set [Les]
- Fix default color settings for new profiles [Les]
- Disable several options from the UI if no connection is active [Les]
- Fix many memory leaks throughout the codebase [Les]
- Remove several obsolete preference items [Les]
- Optimizations for MCCP code [Les]
- Update credits dialog [Jordi]
- Several other bugfixes
- Catalan [Jordi Mallach]
- 256 Color Support plus the standard ECMA-48 (ANSI) colors.
Mud Sound Protocol - GnomeMud can play sound effects and music on MSP enabled servers.
- MCCPv2 support.
- Triggers and Aliases with perl compatible regular expressions.
- Internalization - Comes with many translations and handles character sets properly on non-ISO-8859-1 (latin1) muds.
- SOCKS Proxy Support - Versions 4 and 5.
- Multiple mud connections.
- Separate input history for each connection.
- Profiles - Each Mud can have it's own preference settings.
- RFC compliant telnet implementation - You should never notice this but it ensures things run smooth.
Road to 0.12
- A more coherent ui for Aliases/Triggers/Variables/etc
- Powerful trigger support.
- Variable support.
- Timer support.
- Lua Integration
- New Automapper
- New text widget that will enable the fancy things MXP can do.
Here you can find a list of GNOME-MUD bugs or tasks that are suitable for new contributors (please ask the maintainers before starting a task, or add a note in bugzilla).
- User definable button bar
- Customizable status line
- Make it run on Windows