Reporting gedit bugs
Before filing a new bug, please search GitLab to see if it has already been reported.
If you do find a bug that is not on GitLab, please make sure that:
You are using an up-to-date version of gedit. The last two stable versions are accepted. For example, if gedit 3.18 is the latest stable version, make sure that you use either the latest 3.16.x or the latest 3.18.x. To have a list of the available versions, see the source downloads.
And that you are only using the Adwaita GTK 3 theme (i.e. the default theme), because other GTK themes may not fully support gedit.
Common gedit bugs
See the list of common gedit bugs.
You need an account on gitlab.gnome.org (it's free).
In the bug report please include:
- Information about your system. For instance:
- What version of gedit
- What operating system and version
- What version of GTK, GLib and GNOME libraries
- The steps to reproduce the bug.
- If the bug was a crash, the exact text that was printed out in the terminal when the crash occurred.
Further information such as stack traces may be useful.
And anything else you think is relevant.