gedit - misc TODO list
General maintenance work to do:
- Doing releases.
- Fix compilation warnings.
- Fix run-time warnings.
- Review patches.
- Bug triaging.
- Updating the documentation.
- Code refactoring.
- Maintaining the Flatpak manifest.
- Check from time to time memory leaks, use Coverity Scan, ...
Some ideas of other things to do:
Trivial: use g_utf8_make_valid() instead of gedit_utils_make_valid_utf8().
- File browser plugin: the icons are ugly all in black. The icons should either be gray like in gnome-builder, or come back to the normal icons in colour.
Whitespace drawing plugin: port to GtkSourceSpaceDrawer. Example of new settings UI: Projects/GtkSourceView/SpaceDrawing
Use TeplInfoBar for all info bars in gedit.
- Don't use X11-related APIs, have full Wayland support (there was a bug about it with patches).
- If gedit in Flatpak doesn't work well, fix problems.