This plugin provides advanced text editing capabilities for gedit. Also see Apps/Gedit/LineToolsPlugin.
As of now this plugin provides the following functions:
- 'Delete To End Of Line'
- 'Kill Line'
- 'Duplicate Line'
- 'Remove Whitespace'
- 'Reduce Whitespace'
Using this plugin
Download both files and place them into ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins. If the plugins directory does not exist, create it: mkdir -p ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins. Activate the plugin via Edit->Preferences->Choose Plugin Tab.
- 'Unkill line(s)' would be useful. Something akin to the ctrl-k / ctrl-u functionality in nano.
- add your requests
- transpose lines (switches current line with either previous or following line)
- more generally move line(s) up/down. Done such that ctrl+up/down moves line or selection up/down by one line pushing lines in the way to the other side of the line/selection (a la eclipse)
- copy line (copies current line to clipboard)
- copy to end of line (copies current line to clipboard starting from the cursor position)
- cut line (copies current line to clipboard and then "kills" it)
- cut to end of line (copies current line to clipboard starting from the cursor position and then deletes to end of line)
- paste line (inserts clipboard text on a new line for use with previous methods)
- paste to end of line (inserts clipboard text at the end of the current line followed by a line break)
- change line endings CR, LF, CRLF
Problems to be fixed
- add your problems
might I suggest this needs a more descriptive name .... lots of features count as 'advanced'