Geary is an IMAP mail client for GNOME 3.
Geary 0.10.0 is now available. We recommend all users upgrade to this release.
Geary 0.6.5 has been released with an important security fix and updated translations. We highly recommend all 0.6 users upgrade to this release or 0.10.
- Modern and straightforward interface
- Quick account setup
- Supports Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com, and popular IMAP servers (Dovecot, Cyrus, Zimbra, etc.)
- Mail organized by conversations
- Full-featured HTML mail composer
- Fast keyword search
- Desktop notification of new mail
See the INSTALL file for building and installation instructions
Notes on Geary's full-text search strategy (only available in 0.10)
Getting in Touch
Bugzilla product (for stats, planning, triaging)
- Git: git clone git://git.gnome.org/geary
More information about developing or contributing to Geary:
Technical and architectural highlights include:
Written in 100% Vala
- Built atop a new fully-asynchronous GObject-based IMAP client library
- Uses a sparse SQLite database for full caching of email and FTS (full text search) indexing
- Slim and economical user interface design