This is a page that states few of the ideas that can be implemented for Evolution 2.8 release. (Under Construction)
- Evolution/Agenda View for Calendar (Ideas needed, may a mock can help)
- Cairo Polish for Evolution (Calendar, GtkHTML, ETable, MiniCard View).
- Simpler account configuration/creation page. (A partial patch already available).
- Wide view for Mail/Calendar/Task/? (bug 262742 - with a partial patch)
- Collapsible Headers for To/Cc/BCC if they are too big
- Support for remote shares in evolution (Ability to save/attach files from/to remote shares)
- New Evolution/Search UI for Mail/Calendar/Contacts/Tasks/Memo
- Apply Label as a filter action (requested by Usul in evolution user list)
- The folder subscription dialog must be renamed.
Evolution/User:andre's list of enhancements to save users' time and to ease their lifes:
- 231166 - Auto scroll to the correct time
- 239817 - auto-scroll to new criterion when setting up a filter in the new filter dialog
- 207699 - Contact List e-mail address entry should have autocomplete
- 240317 - add a search widget in subscription dialog
- 204197 - Import dialog(s) should be friendlier
- 212488 - easy enhancement for skipping gpg signing
- 225392 - Add column "real name" to mail message list
- 303257 - Filter dialog box too small, hard to search data on it.
- 205477 - Merge Screens in the Import Wizard
- 204798 - Timezone Picker Widget: add "+09:00" to the strings
- 235691 - get time-zone from system when running druid for the first time
- 229132 - first time wizard lets you skip timezone
- 224589 - Need "Insert -> VCard" menu item in composer window (perhaps combine with bug 326899?).
- 300584 - Show age with birthday event in calendar
- 262950 - folder search/filter keeps reverting to "Subject contains" (patch available)
- 246431 - Add the possibility to preview the sound used for mail notification (patch available)
- 256423 - allow marking multiple rules in filter list (e.g. to remove them)
- 205479 - It would be great to have tooltips for the column headings, since they can get hidden.
- generally, the junk ui is pretty busted.
- generally i'd love to see some experimental plugins become part of the stable release, e.g. bug 273176 (Add "add to calendar" to iCal attachments dropdown menu).
Must Fix Bugs
- 262226 - Inconsistent "all day" behaviour of appointment editor
- 247373 - mailer popups suck and violate the HIG.
- 266150 - In list view Delete option not working in menu and toolbar
- 266802 - view editing dialog remains on top
- 335923 - add Gnome-wide Lockdown support (security issue)
- 321797 - add a second error string (=not only for SSL, but also for TLS errors)
- 325882 - Enforce send/receive mail dialog window positions
- 268884 - not able to Create a new task by right click
- 273437 - new appointment strings ...
- 262003 - The gpg popup needs a scroll section
- 232065 - Selection jumps around when deleting in phone-list view
Evolution/User:Sander van Loon's list:
- 340748 - when choosing "customize current view..." and removing some fields, Evolution doesn't remember I removed some fields
- 312106 - Evolution should not grab emails during startup
- 301388 - RFE: "Delete this" means "Expunge this" if already in Trash
- 213072 - Error "Summary and folder mismatch"