This currently lists potential tasks which to be considered for forth-coming releases. The critical tasks which have owners can get into the specific release planning page.
- Merge UI changes for express evolution.
- IMAPX - support for mutltiple namespaces.
- Disk-summary regressions on V-folder
- New importer framework
- GIO-based: async, doesn't block UI
- Extensible via GTypeModule instead of EPlugin
- Thunderbird account/settings importer
Profile search operations. Improve indexing. (checkout http://notmuchmail.org/)
Provide "Wants encrypted mail" option in addressbook - https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204029 has 21 duplicates
IM integration with initial patch: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=621515
Drop Pidgin in favor of Empathy: Mail Preferences > Automatic Contacts > Instant Messaging Contacts: Is that needed anyway, in case that Empathy uses e-d-s for storage, and in days of libfolks? -- AndreKlapper
Use GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) instead of spawning GnuPG directly, because talking to interactive command-line tools over UNIX pipes sucks.
That goes for junk-filtering software too, if ever a solution crops up. SpamAssassin is especially painful.
Move E-D-S to a multi-process model, where the factory process instantiates backends by spawning a child process instead of a thread.
Would significantly improve our fault tolerance: if one backend crashes it wouldn't take the other backends and the factory service itself down with it.
MAPI Task List
- Support for change password
- Support for delegation
- Folder subscription (Other User's folders)
- Kerberos authentication
- Support for out of office
- Support for quota message service