Evolution 2.22 Planning
We are adding tasks that will be considered for Evolution 2.22 (the successor to Evolution 2.12). Once the proposals gets finalized they will be part of the task list with a owner and target milestone along with the status.
Owner: Sankar - Milan Ability to add custom labels to messages Sync the label to server (All/Supported ?) Assign/delete messages labels Bug: see patches at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=211353 '''Status: Under development'''
Exchange Smartcard authentication Target: 2.21.4
Owner: Bharath '''Status: Under progress'''
Google Calendar backend Target: 2.21.1
Owner: Harish/Chenthill with GSoc Student Add a account setup for Google Calendar. Ability to view/modify/add/send appointment through Evolution '''Status: Committed. '''
Fix and Refactor Printing Target: 2.22
Owner: Matthew Clean up Evolution's printing code to better utilize GtkPrint. Also fix several rendering and pagination bugs. We're open to ideas on making the printed output look nicer. '''Status: Mailer printing work complete. Contacts and other components pending'''
Migrate to GtkUIManager Target: 2.22
Owner: Matthew Migrate from BonoboUI to GtkUIManager, starting with the composer. Will likely only finish the composer in time for Evolution 2.22. '''Status: See [[Evolution/New_Composer]]'''
Evolution RSS feed Target: 2.22
Owner: Cooly Move setup RSS to evolution preferences, while creating a new config item. Hook read RSS in Send/receive event. '''Status: Started'''
Evolution to Copy/Paste with Formatting Target: 2.22
Owner: Cooly When copying from a text widget in evolution calendar or task only ICalendar data gets pasted in the clipboard. '''Status: Bug'''
Non-intrusive Error dialog Target: 2.22 Owner: Srini Status: Started - Partial work part of Evolution 2.21.4 Evolution/NonIntrusiveError
- Preloaded popular email providers (GMail, more...)
Ditch the gnome-pilot sync in favor of integration with http://www.opensync.org/
** (GNOME seems to be going the route of http://www.conduit-project.org/ so perhaps this should be considered instead of opensync?)
- Sync GNOME and Evolution versions GNOME 2.22/Evolution 2.22
- Split UI
- Unified Account Management
** maybe reusing libslab (control-center) would be something to look at ?
- Make Evolution detect that it crashed last time, like Epiphany does. This may be as simple as touching a file somewhere at start up and removing it on exit. Then on the next start up, check whether the file exists. If it does, take appropriate action like not displaying anything in the preview pane. What else?
- IMAP ACL support ?
- Server Side rules (IMAP/Exchange), manageSIEVE
- Custom mail headers while sending mails
- Better support for IMAP offline mode (caching everything in background for first time, instead caching single message when click on it)
- Tasklist Improvements (More quick search and advanced search options)
- Support for copying from a task widget in evolution to the calendar with formatting.
- Exchange Delegates support (Mail/Calendar)
- Exchange Summary support (Show from cache)
- Work out calendar tooltip slugish behaviour (bug #)
**Can you be more descriptive. Please give the bug id if there are any. ***Tooltip on calendar events is really slow to (re)draw so on slow computer you often see a not so nice trace when moving the mouse a bit fast, will search for a bug ID or fill one ASAP
Add a legend on printing a calendar page (daily, weekly, whatever) so that you can tell the difference between different calendars. This is especially important on black & white printers.
- Timezone handling
** Optionally show time and timezone somewhere in a corner ** When selecting the timezone *** Remember favorite timezones in a drop down menu. Selecting locations on the map is annoying *** Add "use system TZ" option ** When adding an appointment *** Add support for different timezones for start and end of an event (e.g. flights) ** Use UTC entries in the ics file only, since some sync programs ignore and even strip TC info. Yes, i really mean using a TZ field for editing the time but not storing the TZ info.
=== PDA Sync === Evolution support for Windows Mobile OS.