Painless presentations for the GNOME desktop
Beautiful logo comes here, contributions welcomed!
Ease is a presentation authoring tool for the GNOME desktop. It aims to be a clean, simple yet powerful program that allows you to create elegant, good-looking presentations and throw away OO.org Impress/PowerPoint.
Ease allows you to :
- create/open/save presentations ;
- add text/image/video/links to your content ;
- easily manipulate those : scale, move, rotate, flip, etc... ;
- easily add some shadow/outline/glow to your content ;
- add nice (not ugly planet-flying-away) transitions : fade in/out, panel, slide, etc... ;
- export to PDF/PNG(/AVI?) ;
- use cool pre-defined themes ;
- fetch online free-of-charge stock images ;
- playback your presentation smoothly, with presenter tips such as spotlight, focus, chronometer, etc...
The project is still quite young. It was started by Nate Stedman as a project for the RCOS in May 2010. A summer of code student, Stéphane Maniaci, joined the project that same summer. We're both working very hard to make the features listed above happen.
Currently in development: Ease 0.1
The code is hosted on the GNOME Git repository.
You can clone it with git clone git://git.gnome.org/ease.