Restore a Previous Version of a File with Déjà Dup
- Go to the folder containing the file you want to revert. Choose “Places → Home Folder” and navigate down as needed.
- Right click on the file you want to revert.
- Choose “Revert to Previous Version…”
- Up comes the Déjà Dup dialog. Choose the date from which to restore. Click “Forward”.
Review your selections and click “Restore”. Note: this will overwrite your current version of the file.
- You can select multiple files at once before right clicking.
- You can revert files on the command line:
deja-dup --restore FILE1 FILE2