The purpose of the test plan is to stop regressions. Ideally all the tests should be automated.
This page is mostly obsolete.
- Able to enable/disable board numbering
- Board numbering remembered when restarted
- Starts without ~/.gnome2/glchess
- Starts without ~/.gnome2/glchess/history
- Starts with ~/.gnome2/glchess
- Starts with ~/.gnome2/glchess/history
- If gconf is not available makes an XML file in ~/gnome2/glchess
- Starts with human vs. AI game if no unfinished games
- Able to load all the PGN files in the tests/ directory
- Starts if unable to detect any AIs
- If an AI crashes (e.g. SIGQUIT/SIGKILL) glChess reports the AI has dies and handles it. The AI monitor process terminates.
- If glChess crashes (e.g. SIGQUIT/SIGKILL) the AI is terminated by the AI monitor process. The monitor process terminates.
- Allows en passant move
- Detects check
- Detects checkmate
- Allows castling
- Disallows castling when king would be in check before/during/after move
- Detects draw due to insufficient material