Many IDEs allow the users to create custom commands that can be run in their project. We should support this as well. For example, "Run make clean" could be a custom command that executes "make clean" inside the project tree. The developer may need to specify things like environment variables, and working directory for the command.
- Specify a custom command to run "rm -rf *.o"
- Specify if the command should run inside the runtime (Xdg-App, jhbuild, host, etc)
- Specify environment variables for the command (CC=foo)
- Monitor progress of the command (such as console output)
- Cancel a running command
- Activate command with keyboard shortcut