Conventional GNOME documentation structure:
- What the program is about
- What it can do
- Getting Started
- Starting it
- Screenshot of the main window
- Explanation of the main window
- Creating a New Project
- Explain what the projects are about
- Talk about how to burn an audio CD
- Choosing a Recent Project
- Erasing a CD/DVD
- Tell that CD/DVDs need to be erasable!
- Talk about how to erase a CD
- Talk about fast blanking
- Checking Integrity
- Talk about md5
This is a list of common tasks which users are likely to want to carry out using Brasero. We should consider these use cases when we write the documentation:
- GNOME default burning application
- How do I copy a CD or DVD?
- How do I create an audio CD for my Hi-Fi?
- How do I create a data CD or DVD?
- How do I create DVD from a folder with .ts files?
- How do I create a DVD from a set of video files?
- What are the error messages I get after burning a CD?
- I burned an .iso image into a CD, why doesn't it boot?
- How do i burn correctly an .iso image?
- I try to burn an audio CD but it says the files are not in the correct format
- How can I create a cover for my CD?
- How can I delete a file from a CD?
- How can I erase all the files from a CD?
- How can I use multisession CD?
- How can I add the audio text to an audio CD?
- Why my CD fails to burn?
- My CD support this speed, but brasero doesn't show it
- If I cancel burning, can I still use the CD?
- How can I put files on a CD
- How can I put music on a CD
- What happens if I put audio and data files in the same CD
- How can I burn an image from my hard disk?
- I try to copy a damaged CD, is there any way to copy it?
- How do i start a multisession cd
- Why can't I copy movie DVDs?
- Why can't I write to DVDs? (DVD+RW DVD-RW)
- My CD driver is noisy, can I do something? (buy a new one!)
- What is the test that brasero perform?
- Does brasero support lightscribe?
- I want to make sure that my data has been copied correctly, how can I do that?
- I want to backup my data, can I use brasero for doing that?
This is a list of common questions which users might have about the usage of Brasero, which we should try to address in the docs:
What is an md5 file? (Tools -> Check Integrity -> Options)
What is fast blanking? (Tools -> Erase -> Options)
How can I get the side panel back? (View -> Side Panel)
- How can I tell how many minutes my blank CD has? ("Available Media" button in the project pane, bottom left)
- Where can I create a music playlist to use with Brasero? (Audio CD project, in file selection pane)
- CC-BY-SA and GFDL don't seem to be allowed by Debian
- Any ideas?