Bijiben is split in two parts:
- libbiji shall remain in C. It handles the notes (io, tracker, online, controller aka note book). It is not annotated yet.
- Item is the base class : an item might be a Collection or a Note. A Note might be a localNote or a distant note (currently both are based on GFile).
bjb is the application and UI (gsettings,...). It's currently in C. Unfortunately it does not use GtkBuilder.
- bjbController is the link with each window and libbiji.
Apart from cleanup / bugfixing, a lot of efforts still remain
Bijiben uses its own popup to edit text (bold, copy and paste...). It's not all integrated with Gtk on-going efforts. See Selecting Gtk texts.
- Attaching images to note is missing.
Editor is too basic. Automatic linking & maybe emoticon is missing.
- Sharing could see huge improvments
- Will have to get rid of Clutter.
Integration with tracker is not good enough. See Tracker thoughts (prior to Bijiben however)
Online providers are today only ownCloud
- Google Keep seems the highest prio since goa, but there is no API as of today.
Evernote -> packaging Thrift for more distro. See Everpad.