Gossip is an instant messaging client for GNOME. Layered on top of the open protocol Jabber is a clean and easy-to-use interface, providing users of the GNOME Desktop a friendly way to keep in touch with their friends.
The goal of the Gossip project is to development a multi-platform solution for communication and collaboration over the Internet. We intend to do this by developing an easy to use clean graphical user interface and making full use of the extensible XMPP protocol. The project is all about getting together and having fun developing a crucial tool for long distance collaboration.
Among the features are:
- Presence of your contacts
- Send and receive messages
- Group chatting
- File transfer
- Keeping all of your conversations logged
Sound & visual notifications of messages
- Spell checking
- Chat themes
- IRC room is #gossip on GIMPNet (ircd.gimp.org).
- Jabber room is #gossip on conference.imendio.com.
Previous Conversations Window