Activity Journal - Old Content
- John turns on his computer to work on his seminar paper. Instead of digging through his hierarchal file system, he simply opens up GNOME Activity Journal and clicks on the top item in the "Recently Used Files" list. When he realizes that he can't remember the name of the website that he was reading for research yesterday, he simply looks at the list of files related to his paper and clicks on the website.
Grouping and Filtering
Our goal is to group/filter the data by:
- Type of data
- Neighbouring Data
- Location of use (GPS)
- Browse activities
- Drag and Drop (not for links)
- Auto tagging
- Filtering by Dataproviders/Time/Tags
- Bookmark Data
- Add an actions toolbar to quickly share items by email or instant messaging. (See nautilus-share)
- Experiment with Tracker, Soylent, and Empathy.
Long term goals
- Better metadata extraction (see some of the sprints above)
- Integration with other computers and mobile devices.
Mockups And Current Usage
Some work was done by the City of Largo in the past which replicated some of the features of the Activity Journal. Possibly some of this work can result in ideas for improving the User Interface.