Cloud-Backed Content Apps
On first run, each content app asks where to store content - options include online accounts and local storage.
When an online account is selected:
- All the content displayed by the app is stored in the cloud - the online account acts as the master server, and the content app is the client.
- The app keeps a local cache of online content.
- When a content item is added to the app, it is uploaded to the online account.
- Local changes to content items are uploaded.
- Content items can be added and edited while offline. These are uploaded once a connection is established.
- The user can select content items to be kept in sync - the app works in the background to ensure that the local copy is always up to date.
- A setting allows all local content to be kept in sync. This is set to off by default.