Personal website: http://www.alexandrefranke.com/
GNOME Foundation director
French l10n team coordinator and i18n coordination team member
Matrix: Alexandre Franke (which shows me as AlexandreFranke on GIMPnet, but Matrix is preferred).
Here are a few things I'll have to have a closer look at later.
Lists in GNOME
https://indico.gsi.de/ and http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=235520 are examples of customization for Indico.
OSEM looks great and seems to have all the features we need.
- We're using regcfp though now.
GNOME for photographers
We need to improve the experience with RAW photographs.
- Eye of GNOME
can be set as the default program to open them with, but it doesn't know how to Go to the Next or Previous RAW file in the directory (discussed in this bug report)
- doesn't seem to know how to read metadata, fields are empty in the left pane
gnome-raw-thumbnailer: thumbnails for files on my computer are displaying garbage, the ones for the pics when they're still on the camera are ok. This is know as libopenraw bug 72270, fixed in master, awaiting release.
This screenshot shows a side by side comparison of the same content displayed correctly and incorrectly.
Sushi interprets incorrectly rotation metadata and does a flip instead of a rotation.
- The properties dialog for JPG files in Nautilus has an "Image" tab with metadata, we should have the same for RAW files.
We should start a project to integrate WikiMedia content in the GNOME desktop.
- Background images for cities in Weather and Clocks?
- Wiktionary as a dictionary source
- Now that I think about it, it could be an app to track any sky/space related event. Anytime there's something worth observing, the app would tell you about it.
Maybe integrate with http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
- The app would of course be location aware.
Tentative names: GNOME SpaceProbe, GNOME SkyObserver, GNOME Telescope.
A GNOME app version of http://www.sunsurveyor.com/ ?