BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE
GNOME Code Of Conduct
GNOME creates software for a better world. We achieve this by behaving well towards each other.
Therefore this document suggests what we consider ideal behaviour, so you know what to expect when getting involved in GNOME. This is who we are and what we want to be. There is no official enforcement of these principles, and this should not be interpreted like a legal document.
- Be respectful and considerate:
- Disagreement is no excuse for poor behaviour or personal attacks. Remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable is not a productive one.
- Be patient and generous:
- If someone asks for help it is because they need it. Do politely suggest specific documentation or more appropriate venues where appropriate, but avoid aggressive or vague responses such as "RTFM".
- Assume people mean well:
- Remember that decisions are often a difficult choice between competing priorities. If you disagree, please do so politely.
- If something seems outrageous, check that you did not misinterpret it. Ask for clarification, but do not assume the worst.
- Try to be concise:
- Avoid repeating what has been said already. Making a conversation larger makes it difficult to follow, and people often feel personally attacked if they receive multiple messages telling them the same thing.
[http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ GNOME Bugzilla]
Various [http://mail.gnome.org/ GNOME mailing lists]: Please mention the code of conduct in your mailing list description, by editing the administrative page.
[wiki:CodeOfConduct/Signatures Individuals] who have signed our list.
BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
iD8DBQFFcz5OjU1oaHEI4wgRAvobAKCaHY336NkWVnaVjW8Vs1Zq6n2fjQCfWxum 5OZtsRlwcWN63iZEwudc0oQ= =BUib
END PGP SIGNATURE