- Meeting started by Joseph at 16:05 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:16 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joseph - clown (118)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (87)
Our GSoC/OPW candidate
- Juanjo has been helping magpie with jhbuild.
- He recommended she use a recent release, and she is going to switch to Fedora 19 from Ubuntu 12.10.
- Juanjo encouraged magpie to magFocusTracking try the example from pyatspi2.
- Joseph met with magpie in a11y where she had a number of questions about magFocusTracker.py.
- Joseph explained that it only works with python 2.x.
- Magpie's big question was why Registry.start() was called at the end of the main() function.
Magpie was worried about documentation and she has recollected a collection of links http://thismagpie.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/useful-gnome-platform-documentation.html
- Joseph explained that that is used to start the main loop, but wasn't clear on exactly what that meant.
- Magpie is going to try to figure out the logic of both those pieces of code.
- Briefly, it listens for "focus" related atspi events and emits them as JS signals that any other gnome-shell object can connect to and handle.
- ACTION: Juanjo will summarize the discussion and email it to Piñeiro, joanie, and magpie.
- ACTION: Joseph will look over the summary and add any needed modifications by the next meeting.
- Nothing new to report.
- (Nothing logged.)
- Summarize the discussion and email it to Piñeiro, Joanie, and Magpie.
- Look over the summary and add any needed modifications by the next meeting.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Email Mark Sadecki about our team meetings and invite him to join us to provide W3C updates.
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Ping mousetweaks maintainers in relation with their plans towards Wayland.
- Send a email to accessibility-dev, just in case the Wayland Accessibility section needs to be filled.
- Compose a "what accessibility needs from Wayland, how to use it" email, ask for review, send to the Wayland Developer's list.
- Ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.