Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:07 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:01 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (91)
    • Joanie - joanie (65)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (33)
    • Rui - rtcm (10)
    • Mike - mgorse(1)
  • Log

Outreach Program for Women

  • "Magpie" (her nick) has done quite a bit of research regarding mousetweaks.
  • She will very likely submit an OPW application and require a mentor.
  • Because our general team policy with respect to OPW has been one boiling down to "prove your worthiness and we'll support you," we will need to support her.
  • Magpie submitted a bug and patch for bug 589906. She is currently interacting with Jasper and Juanjo on this.

  • If she requires a mentor from our team, we need to figure out who that will be.
  • If we need to co-mentor her (with the gnome-shell team), Juanjo has volunteered to be our team's mentor for her.


  • ACTION: API will send a email to Marina in relation to the GSOC.
  • We have an action item of pinging rtcm after our chat with jasper some weeks ago.
  • We invited him to the a11y-meeting. He would not have enough time for being a mentor, but could give some guidance in the form of answering questions and some code review.
  • API will send to marina a mail with all this info (joseph answer, jasper answer, rtcm answer

W3C Update

  • ACTION: Joanie will email Mark Sadecki about our team meetings and invite him to join us to provide W3C updates


  • Juanjo has only done some work in the a11y documentation.
  • Juanjo needs to do more work in the wikipedia. :-)

Miscellaneous Time

Action Items

  • Pineiro:
    • Send a email to Marina in relation to the GSOC.
    • Send a email to accessibility-dev, just in case the Wayland Accessibility section needs to be filled.
    • Compose a "what accessibility needs from Wayland, how to use it" email, ask for review, send to the Wayland Developer's list.
  • Joanie: Email Mark Sadecki about our team meetings and invite him to join us to provide W3C updates.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Joanie:
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.
    • Do a review with Orca to ensure that all the labels are in place, and probably a general review would be required.
    • Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20130425 (last edited 2013-05-16 14:19:32 by JoanmarieDiggs)