Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:05 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:14 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (129)
    • Joanie - joanie (126)
    • Joseph - clown (53)
    • Mike - mgorse(14)
    • Jasper - Jasper (12)
  • Log

GSoC Ideas

  • As discussed last meeting, we have officially added caret and focus tracking for gnome-shell to the list of GNOME's GSoC items.
  • We got a response from Marina stating that Matthias thinks we should have a supporting gnome-shell team mentor.
  • No one on the CC list (from gnome-shell) has replied yet.
  • But the email seems to suggest that our idea is seen as good enough to be a real idea. :)

  • Jasper suggested we ping rtcm. But if rtcm is unavailable, Jasper will volunteer to co-mentor.
  • ACTION: Pineiro will ping rtcm.


  • Although Wayland was seen as the future for X, no real plans or deadline were set -- until now.
  • Recently Matthias Clasen sent a email trying to start setting some deadlines.


  • As you may recall, we created a bug about "start to check Wayland" some time ago.
  • And we briefly discussed it at the 2011 hackfest, but it was basically skipped: First due to lack of knowledge; second, due to lack of deadlines.
  • Now it is time to start again this.
  • Piñeiro helped to fill accessibility section: Wayland/Gaps#Accessibility

  • ACTION: Piñeiro will send a email to accessibility-dev, just in case that section needs to be filled.
  • As you may recall, Piñeiro also sent an email a long time ago to X devel regarding some needs of accessibility (one was that snooping thing).

  • Piñeiro's plan is to send a similar one to Wayland mailing list.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will compose a "what accessibility needs from Wayland, how to use it" email, ask for review, send to the Wayland Developer's list.
  • Joanie wonders what we will do about at-spi2.
  • ACTION: Joanie will take the summary from Pineiro and add it to the minutes.

W3C Update

  • Testing browsers for compliance/conformance for ARIA 1.0 has sped up.
  • Hoping to wrap that up in the next month or so.
  • Tentative "release" of ARIA 1.0 would be June.


  • Juanjo was not present, so no updates.

Miscellaneous Time

Action Items

* Pineiro

  • Ping rtcm to see if he'll be a supporting mentor for GSoC.
  • Send a email to accessibility-dev, just in case the Wayland Accessibility section needs to be filled.
  • Compose a "what accessibility needs from Wayland, how to use it" email, ask for review, send to the Wayland Developer's list.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Joanie:
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.
    • Do a review with Orca to ensure that all the labels are in place, and probably a general review would be required.
    • Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20130404 (last edited 2013-04-25 14:03:08 by JoanmarieDiggs)