- Meeting started by Joanie at 16:08 CET.
- Meeting ended at 16:33 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (49)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (12)
- Mike - mgorse(6)
Code Freeze is Monday!
- The topic pretty much says it all. We've only got a few days left.
- The good news is that Piñeiro fixed the issue where clutter-gtk apps were not giving us accessible keyboard events.
- Joanie will do the Orca review of the new gnome-shell UI this weekend.
- But the keyboard navigation bug in the new UI was fixed.
- It is looking very likely that we will not have the default a11y start/stop default keyboard shortcuts this release.
- Piñeiro did his promised pinging, and while the impression we get is that everyone thinks the idea in general is good, there hasn't been any concrete actions taken by the design folks and others to push this forward.
Mike ran into a crasher using Evo+WebKit. We are still investigating.
- But if we can pin down where the problem is and fix it, that would be good to have in time for 3.8 -- or 3.8.1 at the latest.
Marina announced that GNOME will be applying as a mentoring organization for GSoC on 29 March.
She has announced a call for ideas.
- It appears that we don't have to have a formal committment in time for 29 March.
- But if we have ideas we'd like to propose, we only have a couple of weeks.
- ACTION: The team should give some thought to what ideas we could offer for GSoC, and for each idea identify one or more mentors who can commit with reasonable certainty to being available as mentor(s).
- Joseph was not present at today's meeting. Thus, no updates.
Some information about universal access was included in our Release Notes.
- Juanjo has also been working in updating the keyboard shortcuts in the user documentation. A couple applied, a three waiting review and more to come.
- (nothing entered into the minutes)
- Give some thought to what ideas we could offer for GSoC, and for each idea identify one or more mentors who can commit with reasonable certainty to being available as mentor(s).
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.
- Do a review with Orca to ensure that all the labels are in place, and probably a general review would be required.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.