- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:07 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:15 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (145)
- Piñeiro - API (58)
- Joseph - clown (29)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (34)
- Mike - mgorse(2)
Stuff we must do between now and code freeze
- Piñeiro was busy this week with GNOME 3.7.91 release, so not a lot of changes here.
- He still needs to take a look with orca to GNOME shell ui changes and to clutter-gtk applications.
- Matthias added the "orca" "bug" to evaluate lib-gd to the blocker email (as an "other" item or something like that).
- Joanie has not yet had time to do that. Ditto for the other things Matthias asked her to look at.
If someone has been twiddling their thumbs and wants to evaluate widgets, please raise your hand.
GNOME 3.8 Updates
- Matthias sent a mail about the 3.8 bug blockers. One was related with cally and passwords. Piñeiro pinged Emmanuele and the patches have been committed.
- Piñeiro also asked to add the lack of key events on gnome-control-center as a 3.8 blocker.
- Joanie finished the bulk of the profile-based language switching in Orca.
ACTION: Joanie will give Juanjo some notes about bug 419742 so he can write some release notes.
- The latest public working draft of tha ARIA Authroing Best Practices document is slated for publication today (Mar 7).
The url is: http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/
- Right now, that url points to the last (older) public working draft from 2010.
- By tomorrow, it should read "7 March 2013".
- ACTION: Joseph to annouce the publication of the ARIA Authoring Pracices Guide when it is published, on the gnome-a11y interest list.
- Juanjo has been working on the gnome annual report, so he didn't do anything from his todo list about the release notes and wikipedia stuff. :-/
Give Juanjo some notes about bug 419742 so he can write some release notes.
- Announce the publication of the ARIA Authoring Pracices Guide when it is published, on the gnome-a11y interest list.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.
- Do a review with Orca to ensure that all the labels are in place, and probably a general review would be required.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.