Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 16:52 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (104)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (22)
    • Joanie - joanie (15)
    • Mike - mgorse(7)
  • Log

Stuff we must do between now and code freeze

  • Yesterday we had a long conversation with Bastien Nocera about g-c-c, clutter-gtk and other stuff.
  • Although Piñeiro wrote that thread regarding if clutter-gtk is worthy or not, as he didn't know if clutter-gtk was worthy in general, the thread didn't get too many conclusions.
  • From the IRC chatting, the conclusion was that g-c-c will stick with clutter-gtk, and doesn't plan to drop it in the short term.
  • Piñeiro got a hack to get key events back on g-c-c; Joanie tested it with Orca. So his plan is getting a real patch from that.
  • Apart from that, as Piñeiro said last week, gnome-shell ui changed a little so an Orca review is required to check if some a11y tweaks are required.
  • In summary: Piñeiro's plans til code freeze will be clutter-gtk and gnome-shell ui review.
  • Mike has patches for AT-SPI2's support for the new ATK get locale method. Joanie still needs to test it, but Piñeiro said Mike might be changing the method names.
  • Piñeiro updated wiki page about GNOME keybindings, in relation with a11y keybindings.
  • ACTION: API will ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.
  • Mike needs to commit a patch to remove a deprecation warning and a patch to add AT-SPI equivalents to atk_object_get_object_locale.

W3C Update

  • (None as Joseph was not present)


  • Juanjo is working on updating the articles for the wikipedia. They need to improve in order to get enought level for being accepted. Don't be surprised if he write to ask you thing about your projects for the articles :-)

  • The marketing team needs the list of features to highlight for the release notes

Miscellaneous Time

Action Items

  • Piñeiro:
    • Ping GNOME designers, so hopefully some default keybinding will be available for 3.8.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Joanie:
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Do a review with Orca to ensure that all the labels are in place, and probably a general review would be required.
    • Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20130228 (last edited 2013-03-14 12:00:16 by JoanmarieDiggs)