Attachment '20130214_log.txt'

Download

   1 16:05:31 <API> #startmeeting
   2 16:05:31 <tota11y> Meeting started Thu Feb 14 16:05:31 2013 CET.  The chair is API. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
   3 16:05:31 <tota11y> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
   4 16:05:49 <API> #topic The Freeze is nearly here
   5 16:06:34 <API> #info As mathias clasen warned on desktop-devel and release team mailing list
   6 16:06:36 <API> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2013-February/msg00024.html
   7 16:06:47 <API> #info "The next development
   8 16:06:47 <API> release will be 3.7.90, which is our beta release. After that, we will
   9 16:06:47 <API> enter the freeze, and start working on release notes."
  10 16:07:06 <API> #info please review cycle for 3.8
  11 16:07:08 <API> https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointSeven
  12 16:07:41 * clown waves
  13 16:07:49 <API> #info 3.7.90 (official starting freeze) is planned for February 18
  14 16:07:56 <API> hi clown, I have just started
  15 16:08:04 <clown> cool
  16 16:08:06 <API> first topic is basically a FYI
  17 16:08:17 <API> it is basically infoing this mail:
  18 16:08:23 <API> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2013-February/msg00024.html
  19 16:08:46 <API> and I have finished, so unless someone (of the few people here) wants to make any question
  20 16:08:52 <API> I will move to next topic
  21 16:09:04 * clown looks
  22 16:09:45 <clown> no questions from me.
  23 16:10:34 <API> ok, so then I will move to next topic, somewhat related with the current one
  24 16:10:51 <API> #topic Other GNOME 3.8 updates
  25 16:11:27 <mgorse> Hi all. Sorry for being so late.
  26 16:11:28 <API> #info Although I was not able to get a properly running gnome-shell in order to test bug 692706
  27 16:11:29 <tota11y> 04Bug https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=692706 normal, Normal, ---, clutter-maint, UNCONFIRMED, Frequent crash in  cally_stage_notify_key_focus_cb
  28 16:11:32 <clown> hi mgorse
  29 16:11:32 <API> mgorse, no problem
  30 16:11:43 <API> #info joanie was kind enough of trying it by herself
  31 16:11:55 <API> #info with the result of not being able to reproduce the bug
  32 16:12:18 <API> #info so the conclusion is that we would decrease the priority of that bug towards 3.8
  33 16:12:49 <API> #info Im personally moving to review clutter-gtk, figuring out how the events (specifically global key events) would work on this mixed-toolkit environment
  34 16:13:23 <API> #info probably I would need to ask ebassi about that, and also asking maintainer of modules using clutter-gtk to know how extensively clutter-gtk is being used
  35 16:13:24 <clown> sounds like a frankenstein monster.
  36 16:13:37 <API> clown, yeah, in some sense clutter-gtk is a kind of monster
  37 16:13:47 <API> frankenstein monster
  38 16:14:00 <clown> is it afraid of fire?
  39 16:14:04 <API> in that sense, Company opinion (probably half-joking) is that nobody should
  40 16:14:13 <API> use clutter-gtk because after all there are
  41 16:14:21 <API> an ongoing effort to integrate clutter on gtk
  42 16:14:40 <API> matthias answer was that although there are an ongoing effort, it is not clear when it would be ready
  43 16:15:00 <API> so right now the only option to get the effects and other stuff that provides clutter-gtk is basically ... using clutter-gtk
  44 16:15:15 <API> as we said on previous meeting, there are several modules using it
  45 16:15:16 <clown> where does that leave the St toolkit?  Pure clutter-based?
  46 16:15:28 <API> yes, st is purely clutter based
  47 16:15:33 <API> gnome-shell uses some gtk stuff
  48 16:15:35 <clown> okay.
  49 16:15:36 <API> but afaik
  50 16:15:49 <API> it is not related to widgets itself
  51 16:15:58 <API> but about some of the utilities methods that gtk provides
  52 16:16:03 <API> so in summary
  53 16:16:07 <clown> drawing methods?
  54 16:16:25 <API> #info PiƱeiro efforts towards the freeze will be focused (until new orders) on clutter-gtk
  55 16:16:31 <API> clown, no, I don't think so
  56 16:16:44 <API> I think that are about system properties or themes or something like that
  57 16:17:00 <API> so, I0m done with my GNOME 3.8 update
  58 16:17:02 <API> others?
  59 16:17:04 <API> mgorse, joanie ?
  60 16:17:07 <joanie> yeah
  61 16:17:14 <joanie> #info Matthias has done additional fixes for gnome-control-center panels which we need to review. Joanie plans to do this.
  62 16:17:19 <joanie> #info Matthias as also proposed a patch related to bogus GtkNotebook accessibility events. It may be too extreme, so Joanie needs to test this with Orca.
  63 16:17:41 <joanie> #info Regarding Orca, Joanie is moving into bug-fixing mode and keeping things stable.
  64 16:17:43 <joanie> (done)
  65 16:19:34 * API is not saying anything just in case someother wants to provide any addition lupdate
  66 16:19:40 <API> *additional update
  67 16:20:04 <mgorse> #info pygobject has had another bug fixed related to ref count leaks
  68 16:20:14 <joanie> (yay)
  69 16:20:21 <mgorse> #info this may or may not affect AT-SPI. mgorse is planning on testing whether the ref count leak is still around.
  70 16:20:23 <mgorse> done
  71 16:21:03 <API> mgorse, as Company said last week, thanks for the good work in relation to leak removing bugfixing
  72 16:21:52 <mgorse> Hopefully it will help. (That last fix I mentioned wasn't mine, fwiw)
  73 16:21:56 <mgorse> ie, bug 687522
  74 16:21:57 <tota11y> 04Bug https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=687522 normal, Normal, ---, nobody, RESOLVED FIXED, Objects returned from vfuncs should maintain floating reference
  75 16:21:58 <API> a11y framework was always blamed for that kind of things, and although on last release mccann discovered that there are places with more leaks that a11y, it is good to keep working on killing that urband legend
  76 16:22:23 * joanie nods
  77 16:22:43 <API> and after the (deserved) compliments
  78 16:22:44 <clown> indeed
  79 16:22:47 <API> something else in this point?
  80 16:22:48 <API> moving?
  81 16:24:30 <API> no one saying anything so lets move
  82 16:24:35 <API> #topic W3C updates
  83 16:24:38 <API> clown, ?
  84 16:25:07 <clown> not really much in terms of big news.  There is one little item.  I'll info it.
  85 16:25:46 <clown> #info The latest public working draft of the Aria Authoring Best Practices was supposed to be released at the end of Jan.
  86 16:26:21 <clown> #info It was delayed due to about half a dozen public commenters not having a response.
  87 16:26:57 <clown> #info We (the working group) spent Monday morning crafting responses, and I have three edits to make to the document
  88 16:27:08 <clown> #info New ETA of the draft will be end of Feb.
  89 16:27:11 <clown> (done(
  90 16:27:38 <API> so, afaiu, it is a "since last update, we are in WIP mode"
  91 16:27:40 <API> right?
  92 16:27:54 <clown> "WIP"?
  93 16:28:04 <clown> "work in progress"?
  94 16:28:05 <clown> yes.
  95 16:28:30 <API> ok,
  96 16:28:34 <API> well, in that sense
  97 16:28:42 <API> it is hard to make any question
  98 16:28:44 <API> at least for me
  99 16:28:56 <API> so unless anyother has any question, and taking int
 100 16:29:03 <API> into account that jjmarin has just arrived
 101 16:29:03 <clown> you could ask why the sky is blue...
 102 16:29:06 <API> moving to next topic?
 103 16:30:16 <API> well nobody complaining
 104 16:30:16 <API> so
 105 16:30:20 <API> #topic Marketing
 106 16:30:23 <API> jjmarin, =
 107 16:30:25 <API> ?
 108 16:30:27 <API> any update?
 109 16:30:39 <jjmarin> no really
 110 16:31:18 <jjmarin> I have the drafts for everything, but they aren't final or published yet
 111 16:32:18 <API> ok, in that sense, I think that we can move to
 112 16:32:20 <API> last topic
 113 16:32:27 <API> so today it would be a light meeting
 114 16:32:32 <jjmarin> ok
 115 16:32:39 <API> so we could have more time for other stuff
 116 16:32:40 <clown> fewer calories
 117 16:32:44 <API> #topic miscellaneous time
 118 16:32:57 <API> so, something not scheduled that you want to share in this meeting?
 119 16:36:41 <API> crickets crickets!
 120 16:36:47 <API> well, no misc comments
 121 16:36:54 <API> so lets finish the meeting
 122 16:36:56 * clown must be losing my touch
 123 16:36:59 <API> just in case somebody arrives
 124 16:37:04 <API> I will add a new topic
 125 16:38:04 <API> #topic For people arriving late: today agenda was light, so we finished early. Next time, arrive on time ;)
 126 16:38:16 <API> I will end the meeting at the usual hour
 127 16:38:18 * joanie grins
 128 16:38:22 <API> anyway, thanks for coming
 129 16:38:29 <API> and go to work
 130 16:38:32 <API> remember first topic
 131 16:38:39 <API> 3.7.90 (so freeze) is near
 132 16:38:45 <API> brace yourselves
 133 16:38:45 <joanie> freezepocalypse
 134 16:38:48 <clown> thanks API
 135 16:38:53 <clown> brrrrr!
 136 16:38:57 <clown> it's chilly in here.
 137 16:42:17 <jjmarin> the accelerators are back in nautilus and evince :-)
 138 16:43:34 <jjmarin> there is a general problem with nmenonics (I don't know how to spell this)
 139 17:38:08 <API> #endmeeting

Attached Files

To refer to attachments on a page, use attachment:filename, as shown below in the list of files. Do NOT use the URL of the [get] link, since this is subject to change and can break easily.
  • [get | view] (2013-02-28 13:34:58, 8.3 KB) [[attachment:20130214_log.txt]]

You are not allowed to attach a file to this page.