- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:05 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:38 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (89)
- Joseph - clown (26)
- Joanie - joanie (9)
- Mike - mgorse(6)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (5)
The Freeze is Nearly Here
As Mathias Clasen warned on desktop-devel and release team mailing list, "The next development release will be 3.7.90, which is our beta release."
Other GNOME 3.8 Updates
Although Piñeiro was not able to get a properly running gnome-shell in order to test bug 692706, Joanie tried it herself. She was not able to reproduce the bug. So the conclusion is that we would decrease the priority of that bug towards 3.8.
- Piñeiro is personally moving to review clutter-gtk, figuring out how the events (specifically global key events) would work on this mixed-toolkit environment. Probably he would need to ask Emmanuele about that, and also asking maintainer of modules using clutter-gtk to know how extensively clutter-gtk is being used.
- Piñeiro's efforts towards the freeze will be focused (until new orders) on clutter-gtk.
- Matthias has done additional fixes for gnome-control-center panels which we need to review. Joanie plans to do this.
Matthias has also proposed a patch related to bogus GtkNotebook accessibility events. It may be too extreme, so Joanie needs to test this with Orca.
- Regarding Orca, Joanie is moving into bug-fixing mode and keeping things stable.
- Pygobject has had another bug fixed related to ref count leaks. This may or may not affect AT-SPI. Mike is planning on testing whether the ref count leak is still around.
- The latest public working draft of the Aria Authoring Best Practices was supposed to be released at the end of Jan.
- It was delayed due to about half a dozen public commenters not having a response.
- The working group spent Monday morning crafting responses, and Joseph has three edits to make to the document.
- New ETA of the draft will be end of Feb.
- (Nothing logged)
For people arriving late: today agenda was light, so we finished early. Next time, arrive on time
- (No new action items)
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Take a look at clutter-gtk's accessibility support.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.