- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06 CET.
- Meeting ended at 16:55 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (112)
- Joanie - joanie (76)
- Joseph - clown (32)
- Benjamin - Company (20)
- Juanjo - jjmarin1 (14)
- Mike - mgorse(6)
GNOME 3.8 Updates
- As Piñeiro mentioned last week, Matthias sent a email about the fact that we have not-too-many weeks before API freeze.
- So, please if you have any accessibility change requiring API change, take that into account.
- Piñeiro is still looking to that gnome-shell crash related with focus changes.
- Joanie was not able to reproduce it, Piñeiro has some problems compiling the stack.
- Piñeiro will take a look to the clutter-gtk issue, and see if that would require any API change.
- Joanie added the much-requested list-of dialog feature to Orca. She is still finishing it, but it's committed to master for users to try.
- Joanie and Matthias got the egg-list-box accessibility issues sorted out and fixed. This is important because four new panels in gnome-control-center use this widget.
Joanie is currently looking into (and will finish) implementing support in Orca for the GtkLevelBar. She found one in the wild in gnome-disk-utility.
- Mike has been trying to track down memory/ref count leaks. Several are fixed with pygobject 3.7.5 and a recent at-spi2-core. There is still at least one ref count leak left (either in pygobject, at-spi2-core, or orca), so still need to track that down.
- These last weeks there were several news and updates related to the new GNOME classic mode. Juanjo is worried about the migration path for the current fallback mode users.
- Piñeiro thinks that the main focus is on the main "GNOME experience" and that we would need to wait until the situation became more stable, but agreed that is a good idea to not forget about this.
- The start of the time for bids was announced by the GNOME foundation
- Piñeiro corrected Juanjo's Spanish article about gnome a11y.
- Juanjo is still working in a article for the annual report and updated entries for the wikipedia.
- The first public working draft of Indie UI Events was released in January.
- Another public working draft of the ARIA Authoring Practices Guide is about to be released sometime in Feburary.
The current editors' draft is here (this will become the next PWD): http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/Overview.html.
- There is new discussion within Indie UI working group about user preferences or context being applied while browsing to adjust the content.
- FOSDEM was last weekend.
- Piñeiro gave a talk about accessibility, specifically about the "accessibility on/off setting is no more - a11y always on" thing.
- More or less at the same time, the a11y call for bids was announced.
- (No new action items)
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Take a look at clutter-gtk's accessibility support.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.