- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06 CET.
- Meeting ended at 16:58 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (130)
- Joanie - joanie (82)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (37)
- Mike - mgorse(13)
GtkOverlay, GtkLevelBar, and egg-list-box
- Their accessibility status is unknown at the moment.
- He asked if our team could do a review, at least a quick "this is not working/this is working" review.
- He also pointed out a bug related to the lack of accessibility for egg-list-box, that seems that it is used on some modules.
- On the bug is also pointed that egg-list-box is just a subclass of a gtkwidget with proper a11y support.
- ACTION: Joanie will finish setting up her jhbuild environment and test those new widgets.
- ACTION: Mike will commit a patch to add ATK_ROLE_LEVEL_BAR and make a similar patch for AT-SPI2.
- ACTION: Joanie will add that support into Orca.
- At some point, we should make time to be sure for every accessible widget, there is a Gtk3 demo for it.
- Matthias also asked about the clutter-gtk situation.
- Piñeiro was busy with other different tasks these days.
- Joanie asked him for a list of apps using it, and it seems that it is far longer that we expected.
- ACTION: Piñeiro will try to look to clutter-gtk.
Other GNOME 3.8 Updates
Matthias recently sent a mail to desktop-devel-list
- It is basically a "in just three weeks stuff will start to be declared frozen. It would be good to review the status of everything new and features."
- Right now there are about 70 bugs marked as gnome_target=3.8.
- In relation with previous clutter-gtk comments, we need to take that into account.
- (None as Joseph was not present)
- Juanjo sent aa small Spanish article to Piñeiro for review.
- Juanjo has started an article about the a11y FoG campaign for the annual report.
- Piñeiro still didn't have time to review the spanish article, will do that as part of the aiport-flight holes I mentioned before
- Juanjo will contact wikipedians to follow the process for editing the gnome a11y entries.
- FOSDEM is this weekend.
- Piñeiro will have a presentation, and possibly, a release-team meeting there. Possibly because not all the release team will be there, so probably it will be just a meeting with some to talk about stuff, so a release-team "meeting".
- Finish setting up her jhbuild environment and test the new Gtk widgets.
- Add that support into Orca.
- Commit a patch to add ATK_ROLE_LEVEL_BAR and make a similar patch for AT-SPI2.
- Take a look at clutter-gtk's accessibility support.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Be sure that Daiki gets notified about Caribou maintainership and provide hints if needed regarding releases.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.