Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 16:58 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (130)
    • Joanie - joanie (82)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (37)
    • Mike - mgorse(13)
  • Log

GtkOverlay, GtkLevelBar, and egg-list-box

  • Matthias Clasen has pinged recently about some new gtk widgets GtkOverlay and GtkLevelBar.

  • Their accessibility status is unknown at the moment.
  • Ror GtkOverlay Gtk includes a demo, he was not sure about GtkLevelBar.

  • He asked if our team could do a review, at least a quick "this is not working/this is working" review.
  • He also pointed out a bug related to the lack of accessibility for egg-list-box, that seems that it is used on some modules.
  • On the bug is also pointed that egg-list-box is just a subclass of a gtkwidget with proper a11y support.
  • ACTION: Joanie will finish setting up her jhbuild environment and test those new widgets.
  • ACTION: Mike will commit a patch to add ATK_ROLE_LEVEL_BAR and make a similar patch for AT-SPI2.
  • ACTION: Joanie will add that support into Orca.
  • At some point, we should make time to be sure for every accessible widget, there is a Gtk3 demo for it.


  • Matthias also asked about the clutter-gtk situation.
  • Piñeiro was busy with other different tasks these days.
  • Joanie asked him for a list of apps using it, and it seems that it is far longer that we expected.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will try to look to clutter-gtk.

Other GNOME 3.8 Updates

  • Matthias recently sent a mail to desktop-devel-list

  • It is basically a "in just three weeks stuff will start to be declared frozen. It would be good to review the status of everything new and features."
  • Right now there are about 70 bugs marked as gnome_target=3.8.
  • In relation with previous clutter-gtk comments, we need to take that into account.

W3C Update

  • (None as Joseph was not present)


Miscellaneous Time

  • FOSDEM is this weekend.
  • Piñeiro will have a presentation, and possibly, a release-team meeting there. Possibly because not all the release team will be there, so probably it will be just a meeting with some to talk about stuff, so a release-team "meeting".

Action Items

  • Joanie:
    • Finish setting up her jhbuild environment and test the new Gtk widgets.
    • Add that support into Orca.
  • Mike:
    • Commit a patch to add ATK_ROLE_LEVEL_BAR and make a similar patch for AT-SPI2.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Take a look at clutter-gtk's accessibility support.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Joanie:
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Be sure that Daiki gets notified about Caribou maintainership and provide hints if needed regarding releases.
    • Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20130131 (last edited 2013-02-07 13:11:18 by JoanmarieDiggs)