- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:17:16 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:38:05 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (173)
- Piñeiro - API (110)
- Joseph - clown (86)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (10)
- The first public working draft of the IndieUI spec will be published sometime in January.
- There is a chance it will be published by end of next week, but various people want to read the latest editor's draft before giving consent.
Editor's draft is here: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/IndieUI/raw-file/tip/src/indie-ui-events.html
- Piñeiro sent that JAW status mail, and we had a brief chat with Peter Korn.
- We don't have new information since then, but Peter told us that he would contact the proper people.
Meanwhile, an Oracle worker sent an email to orca-list talking about Windows Java bridge, so that seems to suggest that right now Linux is not on their priority list.
- It seems really unlikely to get some kind of action from Oracle with respect to JAW.
- Some of the more popular java based programs are "accessible enough" like eclipse in spite of not having JAW.
- Eclipse and its widgets are accessible because they have their own a11y implementation that mirrors GAIL.
- Joanie yesterday discovered that not only does JAW not build, but it's still expecting GNOME 2 stuff.
- So next question is: should we just assume that JAW is dead or do something with JAW?
- Do we have people resources to do something with Jaw?
- ACTION: Piñeiro will send a mail answering his own mail about JAW and the conclusions shared in this meeting.
- The talk on either the Foundation and/or Marketing lists suggests that there will not be a Q3 report.
- Juanjo has posted to the Foundation list about having reports for each release instead of quarterly reports.
- It seems it gets harder and harder to get the quarterly reports in time (the a11y team is always one of the most responsive, even when we are late).
- Juanjo thinks that part of the problem is that the quarterly reports don't fit very well into the release cycles.
WebKit2 and GNOME 3.8
- For GNOME 3.8 webkitgtk developers are planning to move to webkit2.
- This is a major change, and although we should also be aware/vigilant about regressions it is also important to note that they implied that they are going to stick to specific library versions, or more specifically, APIs.
- In that sense if would be somewhat difficult to add new APIs after that release.
ATK developers (Piñeiro, and Joanie as Orca is the main client) are taking that into account for APIs like AtkCollection, an old would-like-to-have, that probably should be sped up now.
- (Nothing logged)
- Send a mail answering his own mail about JAW and the conclusions shared in this meeting.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point.
- Investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.