Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:07:14 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:03:51 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Joanie - joanie (98)
    • Piñeiro - API (91)
    • Joseph - clown (66)
    • Mike - mgorse_ (6)
    • Juanjo - heidi (5)
  • Log

Python 3

  • Recently one guy created a bug about the focus-tracking script not being python3.
  • The reporter only changed a single print statement. Joanie commented on the bug.
  • Joseph has been hacking away at the focus tracker when he has the time. So far he as fixed two other problems, and is currently working on a third.
  • LINK:

  • Accerciser started the python3 migration. Javi is not at the meeting, so we are not sure if the port is complete, but the commit seems to suggest that.
  • It would be good if people test and confirm that,
  • ACTION: Joanie will be sure jhbuild is modified accordingly for accerciser (if not already done)

GNOME 3.8 updates

  • Joanie removed much of the GUI from Orca (splash screen, main window, quit window).
  • GNOME 3 does not have keyboard shortcuts to toggle the screen reader which means Orca users have to find some way to launch Orca in order to assign them.
  • We really should have these keybindings bound for the desktop.
  • LINK:

  • ACTION: Piñeiro will ping the design team about keyboard shortcuts to toggle Orca.

W3C updates

  • No major news from W3C about ARIA nor IndieUI.
  • Joanie asked for info/opinion from W3C about a specific ARIA issue related to WebKitGtk in an email to Joseph.

  • Joseph gave a long-ish explanation in a reply email.


  • The foss2serve students might be interested in helping us clean up our wiki content, etc.
  • Since Juanjo was going to take this on, I mentioned to Heidi and her colleagues that these students should get in touch with Juanjo.
  • So if you see students in #a11y looking for Juanjo and/or talking about redoing/cleaning up/whatevering our wiki, that's why. :)

Reminder: Q3's

Miscellaneous Time

  • Piñeiro and Joanie were at the WebKitGTK hackfest.
  • They focused on getting regression tests "unskipped".
  • Joanie has created patches to add ATK_STATE_READ_ONLY and ATSPI_STATE_READ_ONLY.
  • Piñeiro removed the management of the state ATK_STATE_SELECTABLE from AtkObject, each custom implementation should take care of their states. Will be available on next ATK release. Gtk regressions in relation with that state are possible.

  • Piñeiro did that during webkitgtk hackfest, in order to solve a bug where that state was wrongly set.

Action Items

  • Joanie will be sure jhbuild is modified accordingly for accerciser (if not already done)
  • Piñeiro will ping the design team about keyboard shortcuts to toggle Orca

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team members:
  • Joanie
    • Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point
    • Investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20121213 (last edited 2012-12-19 19:10:25 by JoanmarieDiggs)