- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:07:14 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:03:51 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (98)
- Piñeiro - API (91)
- Joseph - clown (66)
- Mike - mgorse_ (6)
- Juanjo - heidi (5)
- Recently one guy created a bug about the focus-tracking script not being python3.
- The reporter only changed a single print statement. Joanie commented on the bug.
- Joseph has been hacking away at the focus tracker when he has the time. So far he as fixed two other problems, and is currently working on a third.
- Accerciser started the python3 migration. Javi is not at the meeting, so we are not sure if the port is complete, but the commit seems to suggest that.
- It would be good if people test and confirm that,
- ACTION: Joanie will be sure jhbuild is modified accordingly for accerciser (if not already done)
GNOME 3.8 updates
- Joanie removed much of the GUI from Orca (splash screen, main window, quit window).
- GNOME 3 does not have keyboard shortcuts to toggle the screen reader which means Orca users have to find some way to launch Orca in order to assign them.
- We really should have these keybindings bound for the desktop.
- ACTION: Piñeiro will ping the design team about keyboard shortcuts to toggle Orca.
- No major news from W3C about ARIA nor IndieUI.
Joanie asked for info/opinion from W3C about a specific ARIA issue related to WebKitGtk in an email to Joseph.
- Joseph gave a long-ish explanation in a reply email.
- The foss2serve students might be interested in helping us clean up our wiki content, etc.
- Since Juanjo was going to take this on, I mentioned to Heidi and her colleagues that these students should get in touch with Juanjo.
So if you see students in #a11y looking for Juanjo and/or talking about redoing/cleaning up/whatevering our wiki, that's why.
- Piñeiro and Joanie were at the WebKitGTK hackfest.
- They focused on getting regression tests "unskipped".
- Joanie has created patches to add ATK_STATE_READ_ONLY and ATSPI_STATE_READ_ONLY.
Piñeiro removed the management of the state ATK_STATE_SELECTABLE from AtkObject, each custom implementation should take care of their states. Will be available on next ATK release. Gtk regressions in relation with that state are possible.
- Piñeiro did that during webkitgtk hackfest, in order to solve a bug where that state was wrongly set.
- Joanie will be sure jhbuild is modified accordingly for accerciser (if not already done)
- Piñeiro will ping the design team about keyboard shortcuts to toggle Orca
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members:
- Do their Q3s
- Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point
- Investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.