Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06:39 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:16:52 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (135)
    • Joseph - clown (52)
    • Javi - jhernandez (40)
    • Mike - mgorse (7)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (5)
    • Joanie - joanie (2)
  • Log

Java ATK Wrapper

  • Piñeiro sent the mail to gnome-accessibility, CCing Peter Korn as agreed upon in our last meeting asking about the status of JAW.

Outreach Program for Women

  • Some students appeared in #a11y, looking for things to do.
  • We didn't have too much to offer except, "take a look around, and then tell us what are you interested in."
  • The only specific task was review the JAW thing.
  • So if we are interested, it would be good to have a list of tasks to propose.
  • Joseph described a OPW project approximately a year ago. The description is here:

  • At this time, Joseph does not have the time to mentor anyone.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will send a mail to the list about the OPW thing.

Python 3

  • Javier Jardon had some problems releasing GNOME 3.7.2 related to the fact that the move is still not complete.
  • Our target is to have accerciser fully moved to python3 to next release. We already have the patches.
  • The 3.7.3 deadline: before December 12th at 23:59 UTC.
  • Joseph has been checking the interim focus tracker with python3. It definitely needs modifications. The problems are confined to the dbus interface, or the way one calls into dbus using python3.
  • There are *no* issues with pyatspi2.
  • ACTION: Joanie or Piñeiro will ping Javi as he was not at the meeting.
  • Javi joined late. He stated that hopefully Accerciser 3.7.3 will be python3 based, adding that Joanie offered herself to support him on this task.

GNOME 3.8 updates

  • GNOME 3.7.2 was released this week.
  • As mentioned, python3 port still wip, so somewhat mixed (AFAIK).
  • AT-SPI has a few minor build fixes, along with a fix to a crash in a C function that probably wasn't being used by anyone.

W3C updates

  • The bugzilla for the ARIA User Agent Implementation Guide is now public.
  • The url for the bugzilla is:

  • The document associated with these bugs is:

  • With respect to the Independent User Interface work, there is a new event proposed.
  • There is a recognized need to allow users to quickly navigate to major sections of a GUI.
  • An example is the toolbar in a rich text editor.
  • Proposed event name is focusRequest.
  • Still speculative, but the thought is to include menu bar, toolbar, window, and palettes as the targets of the kind of focus move.
  • On keyboard systems (laptop, desktop), authors would define keystrokes that would invoke this event
  • The web app would handle the event by moving (keyboard) focus to the major gui object (e.g, the toolbar).
  • But the event is meant to also work in with devices that don't have a keyboard, a touch screen, or through voice command.

Reminder: Q3's

"Miscellaneous Time"

Action Items

  • Piñeiro will send a mail to the list about the OPW thing
  • Joanie or Piñeiro will ping Javi about Accerciser's Python 3 migration

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team members:
  • Joanie
    • Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Create some usability-configurability related bugs, using Bryen's mail as a starting point
    • Investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20121129 (last edited 2012-12-19 18:11:09 by JoanmarieDiggs)