- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:35:25 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:05:53 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (65)
- Joseph - clown (38)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (7)
- People at the meeting had a brief discussion about magnification, after Piñeiro's experience at the KDE Sprint.
- Piñeiro suggested a kind of "high level" guide, in order to have a similar experience on every magnifier, especially for focus tracking.
- With respect to focus tracking and interactions with the mouse, Joseph noted:
- Currently, the setting is that focus and mouse tracking are decoupled and independent.
- Some magnifiers provide the option to link them together such that the mouse pointer is moved to the focussed item as focus changes.
- A third option is to decouple them, and to stop tracking mouse movements when focus tracking is on.
- We should explore adding these options as preferences after focus tracking is implemented in gnome-shell.
- Joseph made some progress in terms of the freezing problem in the g-s focus tracking. The events are coming thru in a timely manner, regardless of where they come from (inside gnome-shell or some external process). But, any method call on the accessible taken from the event results in a freeze when the event is from within gnome-shell for e.g. accessible.getName().
- Joseph is looking very closely at pyatspi2 and atspi-core to see how python solves the rentrancy problem. There might be a need for a JSatspi2 library.
GNOME 3.6: Code Freeze is here. Accessibility is AlwaysOn(tm). Anything critical?
- 3.6.1 is coming.
- Some bugs at the login screen and the lock screen were detected, the more relevant related with passwords.
- They are being worked on -- probably they could deserve a code freeze break for 3.6.1.
- Joseph noticed that the live ISOs for GNOME 3.6 are using a slightly older version of pyatspi2 (2.5.92). They should have used 2.60. The effect is that the focus tracking script is in a different location depending on the version.
Marketing and Fundraising
- Juanjo want to revamp the accessibility project page to update some documents. Juanjo will work on a report about the current status of these documents and some posible ways to update.
- Piñeiro will be at the Boston Summit this weekend.
- Joanie will go first to the grace hopper event, and then she will go also to the Boston Summit.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members:
- (with Piñeiro) touch base to see if that evince a11y could be moved forward
- Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
- Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
- (with Joanie) touch base to see if that evince a11y could be moved forward
- List some of "touch-friendly" accessibility features (ie: possibility to define a gesture to control a11y features like zoom), and send it to design team(?)
- Investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.
- Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.