Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:12:13 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:07:15 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (60)
    • Joseph - clown (46)
    • Joanie - joanie (32)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (14)
    • Mike - mgorse (13)
  • Log

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Because there isn't any change in the features for GNOME 3.6, the Release Notes are finished with the correction added in the last meeting.

GNOME 3.6: Code Freeze is here. Accessibility is AlwaysOn(tm). Anything critical?

  • Piñeiro's action of review perf/memory consumption is still pending.
  • William Jon McCann and others are doing a leak review of all the stack. There are several bugs with patches committed along with some bugs caused, still pending to be solved.

  • Mike applied several patches that fixed leaks. Some of those patches caused other problems that should be fixed, but, regardless, hoping that there aren't any new problems.
  • Mike is also planning to install the interim caret focus tracker into the bin directory; he's unsure if this constitutes a freeze break.
  • Also, bug 684434 needs to be fixed.
  • Joanie needs to look into bug 684474. It may not be an Orca bug, but she is going to triage it before passing it along.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.
  • Bjorn Lie had a problem building a package for openSUSE, and traced it to the interim focus tracker. See:

  • Joseph found a way to fix the specific problem, but that fix may not be legitimate — it's a change to the makefile such that the focus tracker code's executable bits are on when it's copied to site-packages.
  • Joseph reported that Mike had suggested that we really should be using EXTRA_DIST in the makefile for this code. The problem there is the tracker isn't installed anywhere even if you have pyatspi2 installed which makes it very complicated for an end user to find the tracker and launch. Mike's follow-up suggestion is to install it in /usr/bin, but Joseph is not sure that's not too heavy handed for a hack interim solution.

Action Items


  • Piñeiro:
    • investigate that "Enable by Keyboard" thing.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team members:
  • Joanie
    • (with Piñeiro) touch base to see if that evince a11y could be moved forward
    • Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.6 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Juanjo:
    • Take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.
  • Piñeiro:
    • (with Joanie) touch base to see if that evince a11y could be moved forward
    • List some of "touch-friendly" accessibility features (ie: possibility to define a gesture to control a11y features like zoom), and send it to design team(?)
    • Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120920 (last edited 2012-10-17 22:22:35 by JoanmarieDiggs)