Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:20:17 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:00:53 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (63)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (34)
    • Joanie - joanie (9)
  • Log


  • Juanjo pointed that UX started to review what means "touch-friendly" as part of the GNOME OS tasks.
  • Piñeiro mentioned that it is still a WIP thing, and as much we can talk about general touch-related desired features.
  • Joanie mentioned some specific examples.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will list some of those features (ie: possibility to define a gesture to control a11y features like zoom), and send it to design team(?)

GUADEC Summary

  • Last week Alejandro Piñeiro mentioned that it didn't worth to have a formal topic to talk about GUADEC, as could consume all the meeting.
  • Piñeiro has just sent a summary to the mailing list.
  • People attending GUADEC can read it, add stuff if Piñeiro forgot something, ask questions, etc.
  • We can have a topic at the next meeting just in case someone wants to add something in an IRC style.


  • As Joseph was on holidays, Piñeiro was helping with the color stuff for the zoom options dialog.
  • Joanie and Piñeiro had a meeting with Allan Day Tuesday. He sent a mockup Wednesday. Piñeiro sent a patch implementing it, Bastien reviewed it, and comitted it, so the zoom options dialog has now color stuff.
  • Due to that work, GUADEC and dayjob, ATK and gnome-shell work had to be put on hold, so no new stuff on that side.
  • But Piñeiro and Joanie are working on Orca + Epiphany/WebKitGtk improvements.

Planning how to use the FoG funds

  • A11y FoG finished.
  • The next step is decide what to do with that money.
  • When we made the proposal, we already listed some specific tasks/needs.
  • At GUADEC we informally talked about this with some people, and we said that the next step is talk with the rest of the team, probably on next team meeting after GUADEC. But due to holidays and travel, we have not recently had quorum. So we'll postpone this topic until next meeting.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Juanjo is looking for some goals for marketing. Maybe work in the accessibility page, or in some introductory material
  • ACTION: : Juanjo will take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan.

Miscellaneous Time

  • Today we were just three people. Holidays are holidays.

Action Items


  • Juanjo:
    • take a look at the current a11y material in order to make an action plan
  • Piñeiro:
    • list some of "touch-friendly" accessibility features (ie: possibility to define a gesture to control a11y features like zoom), and send it to design team(?)

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team members:
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie
    • Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Joseph:
    • Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
    • Promote the a11ycamp in the gnome community.
    • Ask the design team about their plan to release a new set symbolic icons for GNOME 3.6.
  • Mike:
    • Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120816 (last edited 2012-09-05 17:52:32 by JoanmarieDiggs)