Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Javi at 15:59:37 CET.
  • Meeting ended at 17:07:53 CET.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Joseph - clown (95)
    • Javi - jhernandez (76)
    • Ale - aleiva (31)
  • Log


  • Caret and Focus Tracking in gnome-shell magnifier:
    • Joseph fixed the main caret tracking problem in his focus tracker, based on mgorse's suggestions. The code now tracks the caret.
    • Joseph, put together a patch, uploaded it to the bugzilla, and emailed the a11y list.
    • There is still an issue of a delay when focussing on a gnome shell widget (St), and when the Atspi event is returned, it contains no accessible (? or maybe no component).
    • Next step is to try and write it in C.
    • There is still an issue of a delay when focussing on a gnome shell widget (St), and when the Atspi event is returned, it contains no component.
    • ACTION: Joseph to confirm that joanie's python standalone focus tracker demo still works.
    • Regarding focus tracking, Ale is going to try to write the tracker in C/GObject/glib. He is going to follow the architecture in Joseph's JavaScript tracker: taking Atspi events, and exposing them using the standard gnome signal technique (emit(), connect(), disconnect(), etc).

  • Coler effects in gnome-shell magnifier:

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Today we reached the FoG goal!

Miscellaneous Time

  • (Nothing entered into the minutes)

Action Items


  • Joseph:
    • Confirm that Joanie's python standalone focus tracker demo still works.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team members:
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie
    • Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
    • Update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
    • Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
  • Joseph:
    • Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
    • Promote the a11ycamp in the gnome community.
    • Ask the design team about their plan to release a new set symbolic icons for GNOME 3.6.
  • Mike:
    • Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120726 (last edited 2012-08-16 12:08:22 by JoanmarieDiggs)