- Meeting started by Javi at 15:59:37 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:07:53 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joseph - clown (95)
- Javi - jhernandez (76)
- Ale - aleiva (31)
- Caret and Focus Tracking in gnome-shell magnifier:
- Joseph fixed the main caret tracking problem in his focus tracker, based on mgorse's suggestions. The code now tracks the caret.
- Joseph, put together a patch, uploaded it to the bugzilla, and emailed the a11y list.
- There is still an issue of a delay when focussing on a gnome shell widget (St), and when the Atspi event is returned, it contains no accessible (? or maybe no component).
- Next step is to try and write it in C.
- There is still an issue of a delay when focussing on a gnome shell widget (St), and when the Atspi event is returned, it contains no component.
- ACTION: Joseph to confirm that joanie's python standalone focus tracker demo still works.
- Coler effects in gnome-shell magnifier:
- Joseph has uploaded two glade files showing possible UI's for the new color effects in the magnifier.
FWIW, Joseph favours this one: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=676817#c5
A screen shot of the above is here: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=219602&action=edit
- Joseph has been working on modifying the gnome-control-panel zoom-options.c code to make use of the proposed UI. That code is nearly ready; hopefully there will be a full patch to attach to bug soon.
Marketing and Fundraising
- Today we reached the FoG goal!
- (Nothing entered into the minutes)
- Confirm that Joanie's python standalone focus tracker demo still works.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members:
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Draft the final Q2 report for the team and get Piñeiro's review.
- Update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
- Do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Promote the a11ycamp in the gnome community.
- Ask the design team about their plan to release a new set symbolic icons for GNOME 3.6.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
- Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.