- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06:39 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:09:46 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (111)
- Joanie - joanie (57)
- Joseph - clown (46)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (37)
- Mike - mgorse (6)
- Javi - jhernandez (5)
Planning how to use the FoG funds
- The FoG is nearly over. During the last (and Joanie's first) Foundation Board meeting, it was suggested that she would have something to present to the rest of the Board on how these funds might be applied.
Joanie has all sorts of ideas, but she is not (yet) supreme dictator of the universe. Therefore, we as a team should make a short list of priorities.
- Short list because $20,000 -- while very much appreciated -- is realistically very little money and will not remotely address everything we need to do.
- Since we are having an unexpected two-day-long BoF/Camp/Whatever at GUADEC, we can also discuss these items there.
- However, since not everyone will be present, Joanie feels it would be best to have as full of a list of candidate "wish list" items in advance.
- Joanie would also like the debates to happen where they are clearly documented so that she can present to the board "Here is what we as a team think and why."
- ACTION: Joanie will create a page on the wiki where these ideas can be jotted down. Having done so, she will annnounce this page on the mailing list.
Q2 Reports due: https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/QuarterlyReports/2012/Q2
- ACTION: Joseph will add to the a11y Q2 report page regarding progress on GNOME Shell magnifier by next meeting (Jul 12).
Sign up for the GUADEC BoF, A11yCamp: https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/BoFs/A11yCamp2012
As is indicated on the A11yCamp page, the event is two days long (30-31 July), but unconference style.
- It is not expected for everyone (or anyone) to be there the entire time.
- We will have at least IRC. We may or may not be able to pull off voice, video, etc. Joanie will look into that.
- Therefore even if you know you will not be able to attend in person, Joanie would appreciate it if remote attendees could sign up as well. That way we know how many people will be there and can include those remote people when considering when to have what discussions.
ACTION: Joanie will reply to Andre personally about A11yCamp.
ACTION: Juanjo will promote the A11yCamp in the gnome community.
- About atk-bridge:
- Luke, Mike, and Piñeirop were talking about the gtk3 at-spi2-atk module.
- Luke has less concerns now.
- Piñeiro was testing Unity with atk-bridge and provided some branches.
- Next steps: kill that gtk3 module and propose those Unity branches.
- This also means that current atk-bridge API is considered "final".
- Still on unstable branches, but will be as it is now for a time.
- If in the end a bridge object is exposed, the current API will not change, but some methods will be added.
- About caret and focus tracking in gnome-shell mag:
- Joseph skimmed Ale's focus tracking approach for compiz, and noted that he is using X events, while Joseph is using Atpsi.
- There is a question as to which is "better".
- To see if the crashes are due to using a VM, Joseph set up a "real" F17 system, and the crashes have not occurred there.
- However, there is a noticeable time lag when listening for focus events for some UI. Example: The task switcher invoked from alt+tab.
- Investigation continues.
- Unclear if this will be ready for 3.6.
- About symbolic icons:
- The design team is working on more symbolic icons for apps.
- Juanjo will ask to the design team about their plan to release a new set symbolic icons for GNOME 3.6.
- ACTION: Juanjo will ask the design team about their plan to release a new set symbolic icons for GNOME 3.6.
Marketing and Fundraising
- The FoG counter for the a11y campaing is $18,245 - only $1,755 to go.
- Karen re-sent some requests to some companies to fill the last mile.
- (Nothing entered into the minutes.)
- Create a page on the wiki where these ideas can be jotted down. Having done so, she will annnounce this page on the mailing list.
Reply to Andre personally about A11yCamp.
- Add to the a11y Q2 report page regarding progress on GNOME Shell magnifier by next meeting (Jul 12).
Promote the A11yCamp in the gnome community.
- Ask the design team about their plan to release a new set symbolic icons for GNOME 3.6.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members:
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
- Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.