- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06:41 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:03:30 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (124)
- Joanie - joanie (73)
- Joseph - clown (43)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (30)
- Mike - mgorse (6)
- Javi - jhernandez (3)
- 3.5.3 will be the first release with the bridge as a library.
- Piñeiro sent a mail to different lists and persons warning about it.
- ACTION: Piñeiro will mention that warning to Bastien, Matthias and others, as he thinks that it will be there for any gtk3 app, no matter if we remove the atk-brige gtk3 module or not.
Joanie has fewer concerns about her patch for 678315 now that there is a gnome-3-4 branch for at-spi2-atk.
- ACTION: Joanie will announce the existence of the gnome-3-4 at-spi2-atk branch to the Orca users on the Orca list.
- Joanie still doesn't know if the patch is fully safe.
- Joanie will not commit that patch until others of commented and answered her questions.
- As gnome_accessibility_module_init was removed, any apps that were using at-spi2-atk gtk 3 (like unity) will need to modify its initialization code, with or without gtk3 module.
- Regardless, as all modules are porting to that, the recommended course of action is to use the library.
- Joseph has some preliminary code for the focus/caret tracker in gnome-shell. He says it is "very flakey" at the moment, and needs lots of debugging.
GUADEC BoF Planning
- Joanie, Piñeiro, and Juanjo need to plan and publicize the BoF.
Marketing and Fundraising
- The FoG a11y counter hasn't been updated by now, but it is supposed to be updated soon.
- No info yet about the OFL common FLOSS organization a11y booth/activities. Karen keeps working to get an answer
- ACTION: Juanjo will talk with Karen about companies donating to the FoG a11y campaign.
- (Nothing logged)
- Announce the existence of the gnome-3-4 at-spi2-atk branch to the Orca users on the Orca list.
- Talk with Karen about companies donating to the FoG a11y campaign.
- Mention that warning to Bastien, Matthias and others, as he thinks that it will be there for any gtk3 app, no matter if we remove the atk-brige gtk3 module or not.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members:
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
- Send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.