- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:05:45 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:05:34 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (102)
- Piñeiro - API (88)
- Joseph - clown (60)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (27)
- Mike - mgorse (8)
- Heidi - heidi (1)
Collective response to "What I am extremely missing in Gnome 3"
- There is a list of missing features in GNOME 3 that were in GNOME 2.
This list was given in an email on the gnome-a11y list.
- ACTION: Joseph will take the "missing in GNOME 3" email and summarize the list of items on a wiki page.
- ACTION: Joanie will create the new 3.6 stump pages during this meeting.
- ACTION: After making the list, Joseph will add responses in terms of gs-mag, where they are appropriate.
- ACTION: Juanjo will add to the wiki the gnome 2 options that Detlef mentions.
- Screen Reader has been added as an item in the GNOME Shell menu.
- Question: Can we get a keyboard shortcut for users to enable screen reader support in GDM?
- Much work as been done on enabling accessibility by default. Yay!
- Question: What is the current status?
- Question: What's going to happen with respect to Gecko since Gecko is migrating from Gtk+ 2 to Gtk+ 3?
- Bastien has suggested that there is still much work we need to do on at-spi2-atk.
- Question: Should we be having a conversation with him?
- On a positive note, Orca is Python 3 now. Accerciser will be soon as Joanie has done all the patches.
- Question: How does this impact JHBuild?
- Question: Should we have a build-time flag for pyatspi2?
- Joanie is pleased at the progress being made thusfar in the cycle but worries that if we don't address the above concerns, we may get bitten in the butt.
- About the shortcut, one can set just with gsettings: gsettings set 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.media-keys' screenreader '
- We need to check if that works for gdm (is gdm a normal user?)
- ACTION: API send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
- ACTION: mgorse will ping jjardon / ask how best to get pyatspi to build against Python 3 in jhbuild
- ACTION: Joanie will ping David Bolter regarding a11y always on and the gecko migration to gtk3
GUADEC BoF proposed
- Joanie worked on a draft with Piñeiro and Juanjo and submitted it as a BoF.
- Joanie suspects it will be accepted.
- Anyone coming to GUADEC should therefore plan on participating.
- Joanie requested the 30th as that will make it possible for Andre Klapper to join us.
Marketing and Fundraising
- The a11y FoG counter is up and running again. This week is US$17,152, so that means US$800 more than two weeks ago.
- Juanjo don't have any response about the OFL FLOSS booth, I think we don't have other associations interested yet.
- Javi posted about the a11y FoG.
- (Nothing logged)
- create the new 3.6 stump pages during this meeting.
- ping David Bolter regarding a11y always on and the gecko migration to gtk3.
- take the "missing in GNOME 3" email and summarize the list of items on a wiki page.
- add responses in terms of gs-mag, where they are appropriate.
- add to the wiki the gnome 2 options that Detlef mentions.
- ping jjardon / ask how best to get pyatspi to build against Python 3 in jhbuild
- send a mail to bastien to know 1. if he has specific features for the bridge 2. if he plans to work on that.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members:
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.