- Meeting started by Joanie at 16:07:04 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:10:42 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (130)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (61)
- Joseph - clown (58)
- Javi - jhernandez (14)
- Mike - mgorse (2)
Possible joint session/BoF/whatever with BugSquad at GUADEC?
- No response yet, but that was only two days ago and that list is extremely low traffic.
But Joanie thinks this is a good idea and is wondering if others will be at GUADEC and interested in participating, should the BugSquad agree this is something worth doing.
- Juanjo is willing to help out if we have this BoF.
- Piñeiro also said he could participate in this.
Conclusion: We just need to see if the BugSquad is interested and available.
- ACTION: Joanie will see about ways to make this BoF remotely-attendable (should the BoF occur).
Marketing and Fundraising
- It seems that the a11y FoG Campaign is stalled and we don't progress adequately.
- The FoG banner has been removed suddenly.
- ACTION: Juanjo will follow up regarding the problem with the banner.
- ACTION: Juanjo will provide info for the FoG campaign to Javi.
- ACTION: Juanjo will try to get an update from Bryen or Karen soon about the Ohio Linux Fest.
- Input is still needed for Shaun's Open Help Conference.
Team members can add thoughts on our wiki.
Numbers are still needed (possibly) for William Jon McCann regarding prevalence of disability.
- Joseph emailed Jan (a manager in the IDRC) and Peter Korn regarding stats about a11y. Not much was relayed back. Peter did not respond.
- Joseph has recently asked the resident occupational therapist about the same issue. She is looking into it, and will respond by the end of week (hopefully).
- ACTION: Joseph will ping Peter again.
Accessibility for developers and designers
Juanjo has written a draft about how to improve accessibility by promoting a11y to developers and designers.
- Regarding the UX Hackfest, seeing as how it is before GUADEC and at Igalia, we should see if Piñeiro can attend.
- Joanie might be able to attend the UX Hackfest but it depends on the outcome of the Board elections. (Meetings on the 24th if she is elected.)
- ACTION: Joanie will talk to Piñeiro to see if he can go to the UX Hackfest.
- ACTION: Team members should look over Juanjo's draft content.
- There is a new working group at the W3C — the Independent UI Events group.
- The group is looking into adding high level events for web apps that cross cut different platforms (e.g. touch screens).
- There is also a desire to add "a11y events" at the same time.
- Currently Joseph is in the group as well as IBM, and Apple.
- They want to recruit more people. Joseph is thinking another GNOME person or two would be good.
- The plan is to have a 1 hour teleconference every other week.
- Plus wiki and email discussion list.
- Non-members have to apply as "invited experts".
ACTION: Joanie will read over the http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/participation and talk to Piñeiro to see if this is something she can take on.
- See about ways to make this BoF remotely-attendable (should the BoF occur).
- Talk to Piñeiro to see if he can go to the UX Hackfest.
Read over the http://www.w3.org/WAI/IndieUI/participation and talk to Piñeiro to see if this is something she can take on.
- Ping Peter again regarding stats about a11y.
- Follow up regarding the problem with the banner.
- Provide info for the FoG campaign to Javi.
- Try to get an update from Bryen or Karen soon about the Ohio Linux Fest.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members with knowledge of/access to the requested figures regarding users with disabilities should provide them.
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.