- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:26:18 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:01:16 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (58)
- Mike - mgorse (12)
- Joanie - joanie (1)
libatspi, gobject-introspection and atspi+atk
- Piñeiro raised the concern of doing two API ports in the ATs.
- As Mike explained: "I think we need to decide whether we're going to switch to using atk for the AT-side, or figure out if it's feasible, and then decide what to do."
- Mike also pointed out that there is the potential for some confusion, for instance Orca is both an ATK consumer and also uses a toolkit that implements ATK.
- Conclusion: for now, the decision to deprecate pyatspi2 in favour of object-introspected atspi is postponed, until we investigate this more.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members with knowledge of/access to the requested figures regarding users with disabilities should provide them.
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- update the 3.4 team planning pages for 3.6
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Joseph to email Jan and Peter about statistics regarding users with disabilities.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.