Attachment '20120426_log.txt'

Download

   1 16:06:59 <API> #startmeeting
   2 16:06:59 <tota11y> Meeting started Thu Apr 26 16:06:59 2012 CET.  The chair is API. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
   3 16:06:59 <tota11y> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
   4 16:07:12 <API> #topic Q1's are due (Andre's announcement and a11y team planning page)
   5 16:07:30 <API> #info Q1 are due
   6 16:07:32 <API> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/2012-April/msg00004.html
   7 16:07:38 <API> https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/QuarterlyReports/2012/Q1
   8 16:08:04 <API> #info current deadline May 11, 2012
   9 16:08:14 * joanie waves to shaunm
  10 16:08:26 <API> so please if you have something to fill on Q1
  11 16:08:41 <API> although I guess that it would be really similar to what we wrote for 3.4 release notes
  12 16:08:47 <API> questions, doubts?
  13 16:09:03 <clown> API, what is your deadline?  I know Andre's is 11 May...
  14 16:09:24 <API> clown, I don't understand
  15 16:09:26 <API> my deadline?
  16 16:09:38 <clown> usually we contribute to the a11y Q report page, then you and Joanie edit and transfer to the gnome Q report.
  17 16:09:43 <API> as you said May 11 is Andre deadline
  18 16:09:47 <API> ah, true
  19 16:09:52 <joanie> clown: 10 May
  20 16:09:54 <joanie> ;)
  21 16:09:59 <clown> cool.
  22 16:10:11 <joanie> it's not too hard to tweak and submit
  23 16:10:20 <joanie> especially not with the new "kiss" format
  24 16:10:25 <clown> depending on how verbose I am ;-)
  25 16:10:30 <joanie> no great american novels needed
  26 16:10:45 <joanie> yeah, I used to be verbose too, but no other gnome team is
  27 16:11:07 <clown> that's fine.  I don't want to spend too much time on it anyway.  kiss is good.
  28 16:11:10 <joanie> great CANADIAN novels
  29 16:11:14 <joanie> mea culpa
  30 16:11:29 <clown> what about great Spanish novels?
  31 16:11:33 <jjmarin> I prefer comic books format :-)
  32 16:11:37 <clown> lol
  33 16:11:50 <API> Quixote was also too long for this
  34 16:11:55 <API> tweet format is ok
  35 16:11:56 <joanie> lol
  36 16:12:12 <clown> goal:  to dream the impossible dream
  37 16:12:29 <joanie> anyway, moving on?
  38 16:12:37 <joanie> since we have a guest with an agenda item?
  39 16:12:43 <API> yes, thyinking on the same
  40 16:12:53 <API> #topic Collaborating with Shaun McCance for openhelpconference.com
  41 16:13:05 * clown looks up link
  42 16:13:05 <API> joanie, shaunm I guess that it is your topic
  43 16:13:27 <joanie> I can go if shaunm is lurking
  44 16:13:43 <joanie> I have pre-typed #info's and quotes from his and my conversation even :)
  45 16:14:08 <jjmarin> tricky !
  46 16:14:13 <clown> smart!
  47 16:14:27 <joanie> nah, shaunm said he had a doctor's appt so I wasn't expecting him
  48 16:14:40 <joanie> well, I'll start and he can interrupt or add as needed
  49 16:14:48 <joanie> #info Shaun McCance is hosting a conference (openhelpconference.com).
  50 16:14:56 <shaunm> oh
  51 16:14:57 <joanie> #info To use his words, "I really think docs people need to be more aware of a11y. I know a lot of people are interested, but often clueless -- or only partially clued, like me. I'm curious if you know of anybody who might want to present about creating more accessible help, where more accessible help is basically equivalent to more accessible web-like content."
  52 16:15:02 <joanie> lol
  53 16:15:19 <joanie> #info If there is anyone who would be interested in presenting, they should chat with Shaun.
  54 16:15:27 <joanie> #info Joanie is of the opinion, however, that Shaun can do a great job of this himself, but could benefit from our input. She suggested he could collaborate with our team to generate the session content which Shaun would then present. Shaun is fine with this as well.
  55 16:15:35 <joanie> okay we are minute-ified
  56 16:15:39 <joanie> shaunm: please elaborate
  57 16:15:41 <joanie> floor is yours
  58 16:16:10 <shaunm> that was pretty good
  59 16:16:42 <shaunm> I've been putting together some notes for a talk
  60 16:17:10 <shaunm> and I have some knowledge, but I'd appreciate some help from the experts
  61 16:18:01 <shaunm> what I'd be really interested to see is lists of things to do and things not to do for hypertext and multimedia content
  62 16:18:36 <shaunm> or if you have fun examples of things people think they should do that don't help at all
  63 16:20:15 <clown> there's the "classic"  background images and how they create problems in high contrast mode...
  64 16:20:27 <clown> in web pages, that is.
  65 16:20:56 <clown> is that the kind of thing you are looking for, shaunm?
  66 16:21:14 <shaunm> generally yeah
  67 16:21:34 <shaunm> not expecting the whole meeting to go into a "list things for shaunm" mode
  68 16:21:36 <clown> okay, I'll think some more about it (in my spare time).
  69 16:21:50 <clown> also, there is a mozilla doc sprint this weekend, and one of my co-workers (Anastasia) is there ...
  70 16:21:51 <shaunm> and I have been looking over this: http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/
  71 16:21:53 <joanie> should we put a wiki page up?
  72 16:22:02 <clown> I wonder if openhelp will include another doc sprint for mozilla, and if she will be there.
  73 16:22:13 <clown> I'll touch base with her.
  74 16:22:15 <shaunm> clown: she was there last year
  75 16:22:44 <clown> she would be a good co-presenter, but i'm *not* voluteering her.
  76 16:22:48 <shaunm> joanie: that could be helpful
  77 16:23:20 <joanie> #action Joanie will start a wiki page on the Accessibility Team wiki so we can jot down thoughts as they occur to us.
  78 16:24:01 <shaunm> thanks
  79 16:24:28 <joanie> #action Joanie will then announce it on the mailing list for everyone not present here.
  80 16:24:35 <joanie> you bet
  81 16:24:41 <joanie> thanks for doing it!
  82 16:25:06 <API> so, I guess that it is the moment in which I interrupt with
  83 16:25:09 <API> questions, doubts?
  84 16:25:13 <joanie> heh
  85 16:26:51 <API> no questions no doubts
  86 16:26:54 <API> moving on?
  87 16:27:00 <joanie> yeah
  88 16:27:27 <API> #topic Ohio Linux Fest?
  89 16:27:30 <API> jjmarin, ?
  90 16:27:38 <jjmarin> hi !
  91 16:29:24 <jjmarin> #info Juanjo ask Bryen about his idea for the OLF. Basically the idea is to set up a booth and actitivities like the a11y team members have already done in CSUN.
  92 16:31:15 <joanie> w.r.t. activities, the call for papers/presentations is closed, right?
  93 16:31:30 <joanie> so really, we're being asked to send people to do booth duty (right??)
  94 16:31:39 <jjmarin> yes, I think the formal talks are closed
  95 16:31:43 <joanie> k
  96 16:31:58 <shaunm> so I'm really close to OLF
  97 16:32:03 <shaunm> geographically
  98 16:32:09 <jjmarin> but he said we can organize workshops asking to the OFL organization
  99 16:32:15 <mgorse> Oh, yeah, even for being in the US, you're close
 100 16:32:23 * joanie nods
 101 16:32:44 <shaunm> I can't really organize anything, but if you need a booth staffer, let me know
 102 16:32:54 <joanie> I was looking at flights, but nothing seems to fly directly into columbus
 103 16:33:23 <shaunm> joanie: you might have better luck flying into cincinnati and driving up
 104 16:33:38 <joanie> true
 105 16:33:46 <joanie> thanks shaunm
 106 16:33:58 <joanie> that might shave a couple of hundred off the flights
 107 16:34:16 <shaunm> and if I go and our schedules line up, you could just ride up with me
 108 16:34:27 <joanie> that would be even cooler
 109 16:34:59 <joanie> so... the question remains should I plan on going, given that I can go.
 110 16:35:09 <joanie> put a question mark in there
 111 16:36:22 <jjmarin> ok, I think we must confirm you can go if we set up an a11y booth
 112 16:36:36 <jjmarin> I'll ask Bryen for a confirmation
 113 16:37:12 <joanie> jjmarin: yeah, we need a final word from him. If I should go, I'll plan on it. If it is some vague I dunno, then I won't
 114 16:37:41 <jjmarin> sure
 115 16:37:48 <joanie> thank you :)
 116 16:38:50 <API> soo
 117 16:38:55 <jjmarin> I don't if mgorse has enough info about the OFL for adding more ?
 118 16:39:00 <API> could anyone summarize this on pretty invo?
 119 16:39:03 <API> pretty info?
 120 16:39:13 * joanie looks at jjmarin
 121 16:39:14 <joanie> :)
 122 16:39:36 <jjmarin> #info Juanjo will confirm an a11y booth for the OFL ASAP
 123 16:39:48 <mgorse> I'll plan on going if people think I need to be there, I guess (and people keep looking at me...)
 124 16:40:41 <jjmarin> mgorse: ok, thanks
 125 16:41:15 <jjmarin> net topic then
 126 16:41:17 <mgorse> which brings up the question of whether we should try to organize a workshop, and what that would look like
 127 16:41:20 <jjmarin> next
 128 16:41:54 <joanie> mgorse: indeed
 129 16:41:56 <API> jjmarin, next topic?
 130 16:42:17 <joanie> one sec
 131 16:42:19 <jjmarin> ok, let's wait for the confirmation of booth and posibility of workshops
 132 16:42:32 * API will wait until receive a green light
 133 16:42:46 <joanie> #action Joanie will add the possibility of organizing a workshop at the Ohio Linux Fest to next meeting's agenda.
 134 16:43:00 <joanie> (we can always remove it pending jjmarin's findings)
 135 16:43:07 <joanie> API: thanks. I am done.
 136 16:43:08 <joanie> :)
 137 16:43:11 <API> ok
 138 16:43:17 <API> any other?
 139 16:43:23 <API> doubts questions or moving on?
 140 16:44:17 <API> silence, so I assume moving on
 141 16:44:23 <API> #topic Feature proposal for 3.6
 142 16:44:44 <API> #info last week action was the following: After some researching, will bring enabling accessibility by default 3.6 to the accessibility list. If appropriate, based on the outcome of the subsequent discussion, PiƱeiro will propose it as feature.
 143 16:45:02 <API> #info I made that research and send a email to gnome-accessibility
 144 16:45:11 <API> #info finally after some mails and IRC chat
 145 16:45:29 <API> #info the feature proposed was a compromise
 146 16:45:50 <API> #info for the moment, just change the default value of 'toolkit-accessibility' from false to true
 147 16:46:04 <API> proposal here:
 148 16:46:05 <API> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2012-April/msg00107.html
 149 16:46:28 <API> #info some people made some question, some answers were sentfor the moment the feedback is positive
 150 16:46:41 <API> done
 151 16:46:44 <API> questions, doubts?
 152 16:46:52 <joanie> not from me
 153 16:46:58 <joanie> I think it's a great step forward
 154 16:47:53 <jjmarin> exactly !
 155 16:48:02 <clown> looks good.
 156 16:49:43 <API> well, it seems that no questions
 157 16:49:44 <API> so moving
 158 16:49:49 <API> #topic Marketing and Fundraising
 159 16:49:50 <API> jjmarin, ?
 160 16:50:00 <clown> just a sec.
 161 16:50:07 <clown> I have a quick update for the last topic...
 162 16:50:22 <API> clown, features?
 163 16:50:25 <clown> yup.
 164 16:50:33 <API> #topic Feature proposal for 3.6
 165 16:50:35 <joanie> api just reset the topic
 166 16:50:36 <joanie> thanks
 167 16:50:40 <clown> #info last week's action: Update the status of the magnifier's brightness/contrast/inverse effects feature, and move it to the 3.5 features page.
 168 16:50:57 <clown> #info Joseph made the transfer.
 169 16:51:00 <clown> (done).
 170 16:51:46 * joanie likes how clown does action item updates
 171 16:51:55 * joanie feels guilty for not doing the same
 172 16:52:05 <API> #topic Marketing and Fundraising
 173 16:52:06 <API> jjmarin, ?
 174 16:52:07 * clown is learning to be terse.
 175 16:52:11 <jjmarin> #info This week we've raised 600 US$ in the a11y FoG campaign
 176 16:52:40 <jjmarin> #info The FoG campaign has been resigned
 177 16:52:47 <joanie> resigned?
 178 16:52:53 <jjmarin> sorry
 179 16:52:57 <jjmarin> redesigned
 180 16:53:01 <joanie> ah
 181 16:53:03 <joanie> thanks
 182 16:53:23 <jjmarin> and no more news
 183 16:53:44 <clown> what does "redesigned" mean?  A new look?
 184 16:53:51 <jjmarin> yes
 185 16:53:58 <joanie> jjmarin: I have a related (to the $ amount) question/request
 186 16:54:00 <clown> is it public, yet?
 187 16:54:10 <jjmarin> yes
 188 16:54:23 <clown> where?
 189 16:54:29 <jjmarin> http://www.gnome.org/friends/
 190 16:54:34 <clown> thanks!
 191 16:54:54 <joanie> jjmarin: so when you look at the planning page for the q1's
 192 16:55:00 <jjmarin> the old one is still here http://www-old.gnome.org/friends/
 193 16:55:06 <joanie> you'll see that there's a fill in the blank for you
 194 16:55:15 * clown likes the "adopt a hacker" concept.
 195 16:55:18 <joanie> which in retrospect we (I) should have thought about.
 196 16:55:26 <jjmarin> upps
 197 16:55:31 <joanie> namely: q1 ended in March 2012
 198 16:55:39 <joanie> so we cannot report on how much we have now
 199 16:55:50 <joanie> we need to report how much we had at the end of the first quarter
 200 16:55:56 <joanie> is this something you can look into?
 201 16:56:10 * joanie notes that anal-retentivism is incurable
 202 16:56:29 <jjmarin> yes, I'll ask tonight
 203 16:56:43 <joanie> thanks!!
 204 16:57:34 <jjmarin> questions ?
 205 16:57:41 <jjmarin> next topic ?
 206 16:57:41 <joanie> none more from me
 207 16:57:53 <API> well, as there are just 3 minutes til the end
 208 16:57:59 <API> #topic miscellaneous time
 209 16:58:10 <API> someone want to add something not-scheduled and short?
 210 16:58:30 <joanie> I'm not scheduled and short
 211 16:58:35 <joanie> (sorry)
 212 16:58:53 <clown> yes, you are short-ish.
 213 16:59:05 * jjmarin wonders if https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Testable , a11y by default and automatic testing can be joined
 214 16:59:08 <clown> (very sorry).
 215 16:59:59 <API> jjmarin, no idea, at this moment
 216 17:00:01 <API> AFAIK
 217 17:00:15 <API> at this moemnt
 218 17:00:27 <API> gnomeOS/Testable is just a vague idea
 219 17:00:28 <clown> this might be a brian nitz question. maybe.
 220 17:01:35 <joanie> I am confused
 221 17:01:50 <joanie> is brian nitz involved with that effort?
 222 17:02:13 <API> joanie, see jjmarin wondering
 223 17:02:16 <clown> no, brian nitz is involved in automated a11y testing (ldtp, mago, etc.)
 224 17:02:48 <clown> actually, I don't know if brian is involed in OS/Testable.
 225 17:02:59 <joanie> my guess would be not
 226 17:03:07 <joanie> but I suppose it's a question worth asking
 227 17:04:34 <jjmarin> Any testing project like LDTP or mago is endorsed by GNOME ?
 228 17:04:40 <API> well, too many doubts and nobody knowing ;)
 229 17:04:47 <API> so, closing the meeting ?
 230 17:04:49 <joanie> misc time is misc
 231 17:04:53 <joanie> yeah, I think so API
 232 17:05:08 <API> jjmarin, you can keep asking that on #a11y
 233 17:05:11 <API> so
 234 17:05:16 <API> finishing the meeting
 235 17:05:17 <jjmarin> ok :-)
 236 17:05:20 <API> #entmeeting
 237 17:05:22 <API> ups
 238 17:05:25 <API> #endmeeting

Attached Files

To refer to attachments on a page, use attachment:filename, as shown below in the list of files. Do NOT use the URL of the [get] link, since this is subject to change and can break easily.
  • [get | view] (2012-05-03 01:39:03, 13.4 KB) [[attachment:20120426_log.txt]]

You are not allowed to attach a file to this page.