- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06:59 CET.
- Meeting ended at 17:05:25 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Joanie - joanie (80)
- Piñeiro - API (68)
- Joseph - clown (36)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (32)
- Shaun - shaunm (17)
- Mike - mgorse (3)
Q1's are due
- Current deadline: May 11, 2012
Collaborating with Shaun McCance for openhelpconference.com
Shaun McCance is hosting a conference (openhelpconference.com).
- To use his words, "I really think docs people need to be more aware of a11y. I know a lot of people are interested, but often clueless -- or only partially clued, like me. I'm curious if you know of anybody who might want to present about creating more accessible help, where more accessible help is basically equivalent to more accessible web-like content."
- If there is anyone who would be interested in presenting, they should chat with Shaun.
- Joanie is of the opinion, however, that Shaun can do a great job of this himself, but could benefit from our input. She suggested he could collaborate with our team to generate the session content which Shaun would then present. Shaun is fine with this as well.
- ACTION: Joanie will start a wiki page on the Accessibility Team wiki so we can jot down thoughts as they occur to us.
- ACTION: Joanie will then announce it on the mailing list for everyone not present here.
Ohio Linux Fest?
- Juanjo asked Bryen about his idea for the OLF. Basically the idea is to set up a booth and actitivities like the a11y team members have already done in CSUN.
- Juanjo will confirm an a11y booth for the OFL ASAP.
- ACTION: Joanie will add the possibility of organizing a workshop at the Ohio Linux Fest to next meeting's agenda.
Feature proposal for 3.6
- Accessibility enabled by default
- Last week action's was the following: After some researching, Piñeiro will bring enabling accessibility by default 3.6 to the accessibility list. If appropriate, based on the outcome of the subsequent discussion, Piñeiro will propose it as feature.
- Piñeiro did that research and send a email to gnome-accessibility. Finally after some mails and IRC chat the feature proposed was a compromise for the moment: just change the default value of 'toolkit-accessibility' from false to true.
- Some people asked questions, some answers were sent for the moment, and the feedback is positive.
- Last week's action: Update the status of the magnifier's brightness/contrast/inverse effects feature, and move it to the 3.5 features page.
- Joseph made the transfer.
Marketing and Fundraising
- This week we've raised 600 US$ in the a11y FoG campaign.
- The FoG campaign has been resigned.
- (Nothing logged)
- start a wiki page on the Accessibility Team wiki so we can jot down thoughts as they occur to us; then announce it on the mailing list for everyone not present here.
- add the possibility of organizing a workshop at the Ohio Linux Fest to next meeting's agenda.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.